MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Anticlimax

Anticlimax - Forums [Biker Match] Anticlimax - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Anticlimax

Or just post holiday blues? Back from a great 2 weeks away, then back to work (I work for myself), daughter home from Uni and lots or arguments, listless, bored, missing company, restless.

It's the middle of a long hot summer, perfect weather for the bike, better weather for early evenings in a pub garden....and my enthusiasm level is about minus 100.

So I pop on here, look at all these potentially wonderful companions, and then think damn! - the really interesting ones are about 6 counties away.
Sorry for the little moan, feeling flat as a pancake, and just needed to air a thought somewhere.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2017 09:48  

Felt exactly the same after my French Trip...just wanted to go back for last few weeks...wanderlust do you think,or just fed up with what our form of reality contains?....escapism has a lot to recommend it,methinks...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 19/07/2017 10:29  

Panuno, I know exactly what you mean regarding how far away the really interesting ones are. But, have bike will travel. Or something like that.

Is it that simple though, or are we subconsciously telling ourselves not to crap on our own doorstep.........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2017 11:07  

I think our reality returns to humdrum Jynx, after our idyllic escapes. And it's not so much about the doorstep thing Cornholio...at least I don't think so...but perhaps just that we want those that we may be unable to get.
But yes, have bike, will travel

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2017 11:24  

Some absolute crackers up in Scotland, and looks like plenty going on in the Midlands too, and oop North. Down here everyone is, well, let's just say Scotland, the Midlands, and oop North look far more interesting/promising.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2017 11:31  

With a 70 / 30 split in terms of gender, the need for the hunter / gatherer to cross counties is inevitable.

Problem is, once I've arrived...I've enjoyed the journey so much, I forget what I was planning to do once I've got there

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 19/07/2017 12:45  

Do what i do Nick,take a camera.....:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 19/07/2017 16:59  

You could always arrange to meet them in the middle...

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 19/07/2017 19:55  

Now that sounds like a plan

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 19/07/2017 19:57  

Panuno the correct approach at the end any good holiday is to "what next" abd get planning

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/07/2017 18:36  

Come visit some lovely Scottish lassies sometime

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2017 03:50  

"Love conquers all" including mileage.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2017 07:28  

Oh god watch him Crimmy !

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 21/07/2017 07:46  

Well...that's your six counties right there, Panuno

@ Crimmy - did Edinburgh a couple of years back...finalising plans for a stay near Glenrothes around September if those ducks will get in the right row...

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 21/07/2017 07:56  

Scratching my itch with a return to Cumbria this weekend..wave if you see a black Speed Triple chug past.. Curing the blues by watching and listening to the Blues

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/07/2017 08:06  

Don't talk to me about post holiday blues !!!! I'm the world's worst. Coming back from 3 days in North Yorks, I absolutely love it up there, the place, the people etc Now back home, on nights, but with plans going forward years, and to me that's what it's all about....getting through the crap to get to the good stuff.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/07/2017 14:55  

AJ, you must be at work just as I'm getting home from work. I thought you were just up the road from me but that's a different Sutton.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2017 16:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email