MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Profile pics - Am I doing something wrong?

Profile pics - Am I doing something wrong? - Forums [Biker Match] Profile pics - Am I doing something wrong? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Profile pics - Am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone advise on this issue please?

I've recently updated my main profile picture in my account to show a different photo than I started with.

However, it seems that when I look at old threads it seems to keep posting the old picture up and not the new one.

I've even deleted all the pictures in the main profile folder and put just the one in that I want, but still it is showing the old picture so I'm a little confused if it's something I'm doing/not doing correctly or if it's a little bug in the system or if the very first picture you put in the main profile folder is the one that stays on every thread there after?

Any help or advise would be appreciated - Thanks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2017 20:18  

Hi there, I cant help sorry but I can confirm I see the pic of you on a bike/(trike) is that the one you want up? or your old one... either way there's nothing wrong with the one you have up! :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2017 21:40  

Not sure but could be it has to be approved by a moderator

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 17/07/2017 21:42  

Mods don't need to approve photos (although if inappropriate pics can be changed)

Go to your pic and click on it so it goes large, then click on the cog wheels in top right. Then click on the star.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being patronising, but not sure what you tried before.

If that is what you've done drop Matt a pm and let him know

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 17/07/2017 22:04  

Every time I've changed profile pic in the past it has changed the pic in all my historic posts.
If your profile pic has updated for new posts but not old ones then I expect Matt has changed something to break old posts linking to current profiles.
I'm sure all your old profile pics are fine.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 17/07/2017 22:19  

Cheers Rowanblossom for that advice. It was the star that I needed to click on to update, my profile picture has now changed. It's always something simple isn't it

Thanks to everyone else that responded, much appreciated

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2017 14:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email