MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why don't uk riders like maxiscooters

Why don't uk riders like maxiscooters - Forums [Biker Match] Why don't uk riders like maxiscooters - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why don't uk riders like maxiscooters

I've been trying to figure out why we don't get maxi scooters over here and I've got a theory. If you ride sports bikes you can buy the one piece leathers with humps and knee sliders. Adventure bikers can spend 100's, even 1000's on adventure suits (aka twat suits) big booties, peaked helmets and lots of farkles. Traditional scooterist can get the parker with a target on the back. Naked bikers can go all hipster with the turn-up jeans, open face lid, a beard that looks like your trying to eat a badger and a leather or belstaff type jacket. But maxi scooter rider? Nothing. And we do like dressing up :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/07/2017 19:08  

You could always wear you favourite dress.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2017 19:10  

snigger

Update Reply
kaycat @ 17/07/2017 19:25  

Nah, its still got leather fringes from my cruier riding days.
Actually I've never had a cruiser... :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/07/2017 19:34  

My beard contains too many fully-armed fieldmice ninjas to worry about chewing badgers,and i wear the same kit on my Speedfour 600,900 Tiger Trail,and my 955 Speed Triple...but i don't think they make a scooter that looks anywhere near as good looking as any of the above,just my opinion,mind..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/07/2017 20:28  

I ride a naked...no way I'm growing a beard

I thought weird beards were retro/cafe types!!!!!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 17/07/2017 22:17  

Speed Triples Were Retro before Retro was thought of...sort of like owning a Guzzi for years..and my beard at least provides a habitat for flora and fauna...eco friendly,simples

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/07/2017 22:24  

A goatee RB, that will look just dandy, especiallywith the 'budgie' look you rock from time to time

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/07/2017 13:06  

Aren't scooters for men who want to feel the wind in their vaginas?

Anyway, wtf is a Maxiscooter?....sounds like the sort of thing a 'Tampon Service Engineer' would ride to the women's toilets to fill up a tampon machine.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2017 15:46  

And you in London, I thought you'd know all about them lol
But you're right they would make good light deliver vehicles. If only people could decide what to wear on them :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 18/07/2017 19:55  

"Traditional scooterist can get the parker with a target on the back."
That would be comedy mods.  A scooterist wouldn't be seen dead in one.  Predominantly, scooterists wear leathers, textiles, full faces and boots.  A few take a chance on jeans and flight jackets. 

"Aren't scooters for men who want to feel the wind in their vaginas?"
Strange that, as every biker I know that has tried to ride a scooter for the first time, come back crapping themselves and can't understand how anyone can ride them!

My toungue is as firmly in my cheek, as both of yours are, btw
Just my opportunity to educate and inform 
Good question though. The big ones will break the speed limit enough to get a ban. You can ride for hours and wouldn't get off it and take an hour to straighten up. You can carry a load of stuff if needed...... I haven't a clue!

Update Reply
sean chelmsford @ 19/07/2017 00:59  

^^^ If you know bikers that crapped themselves after riding a scooter, they can't be much of a biker.

The only way I'd crap myself riding a scooter would be due to worrying if anyone saw me on it.

Still, those pizzas won't deliver themselves!!

Tongue planted so far in ones cheek, I can feel a nutsack tickling my nose. But that's another thread.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2017 10:50  

The biggest problem is the left hand.
You end up grabbing a handful of brake thinking it's a clutch, and a handful of clutch when you want to drag a little back brake round a corner.
But you do get used to it :-)
Cross country there aint that much difference in speed; 50, 60, 70 and 80 are the same be it bike or scooter. But those little wheels do feel a slightly nervous much above that unless the road is smooth and straight.
But 50 odd bhp ain't much moving a 200kg machine so a big bike will always have the edge on acceleration.
But enough of the serious stuff, can we get back to what to wear? I havent even started slagging off the born to ride brigade

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 19/07/2017 21:08  

Steve its so obvious why there not here mate we have this thing in England that's stronger than in maxiscooter countries , its called the wind can you imaging been blown sideways with a real gust ??
They would be blowing about like dustbins in our gales lol

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 20/07/2017 19:12  

Still, those pizzas won't deliver themselves!!

Ahh... see when I say scooterist, that really should mean " enthusiasts of traditional vintage scooters and evolved decendants, riders"  but that's a bit of a mouthful! 

Most of the riders of modern scooters don't fall under this umbrella, although technically they are scooterists!

Oh, it was the small and wobbly wheels that worried people.  They'd have got used to it. 

Oh, remind me not to find that other thread...

Update Reply
sean chelmsford @ 21/07/2017 12:43  

Interesting thought on your wind problem Denny.
I imagine you're right about likkle scooters, but that would apply to lightweight bikes too.
Big bikes and scooters are far more stable, possibly scooters more so because the engine, and therefore the mass, is low down and central to the bike.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/07/2017 20:48  

steve when you say maxi scootes do you mean the ones with a built on roof ?

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 22/07/2017 09:18  

No...that's BMW'S C1...Emzed used to have one,maybe he'd let you have a go..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 22/07/2017 09:31  

so whats a maxi scooter fgs

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 22/07/2017 09:48  

MZ now that's a blast from the past lol and not a good one ha ha

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 22/07/2017 09:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email