MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

corners

corners (2) - Forums [Biker Match] corners (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

corners

Panuno I need to follow you for a day lol well done mate wish I could say the same but I carnt

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 19:12  

Jinxy I disagree with you there although the bike is noted as been a great handling bike it has to be position correctly the speed has to be correct and you have to feel correct to make that perfect corner so I think you love riding the bike and you are as one with it well done mate

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 19:30  

Denny, in all fairness I've ridden more than half a dozen high mountain passes in Europe in the past 2 weeks on holiday, mainly great surfaces with good cambers - and when you're on one for 35 miles in the sunshine it makes good cornering easy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2017 19:35  

That sounds awesome mate and I know what your saying Iam going through a bad patch at mine as I had an off then a car ran into me a couple of weeks later then I lost back of bike on a bend and tbh my confidence has nearly gone to zero but hey Ill get it back Iam sure

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 19:40  

Try slowing down a bit. Nobody wants to be the fastest rider in the cemetery.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2017 19:45  

Denny, the peak district is on your doorstep...can't think of somewhere more ideal to practice bend routines

Spend a glorious summer day exploring the limit point.

Lose your view...lose your speed. Slow in...fast out

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 19/07/2017 19:47  

Nickscafe that's where I came off lol but I go there frequently was over there sun afternoon buxton bakewell and matlock it was good but confidence def gone but had a bike racer following me and he noted a few things on bike that needs sorting ie suspension

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 19:54  

Ha ah that s brill your last comment love it

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 19:55  

Aw Yarg loves me really . iyts not the speed Yarg its how you feel and I don't feel right but its been noted my rear suspension is way too hard as the back tyres skipping on bends and I could not feel it but the guy following could see it and I have lost back a few times so hope fully it can be sorted on sat

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 19:58  

Denny you need to get yourself further up north where you can get a good few traffic free miles under your wheel.
Nowt spoils the cornering experience more than having to deal with traffic, which unfortunately the peak district is full of.
Keilder is highly recommended

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 19/07/2017 21:17  

sounds good Steve H but isn't there a police prob up there ?

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 21:26  

Your right though the traffic can be horrendous which is a shame as the roads are fantastic snake pass is my fave but even that was busy on sunday

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 21:28  

Sorry to disappoint guys, it wasn't me on the bike, it was Stuie and no it didnt stay upright.   Bike is defo worse for wear and he has a right knee like a balloon, which with his skinny sparrer legs looks, well, rather strange and it HURTS, he ain't a happy bunny.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/07/2017 22:25  

oh you said on chat I didnt realise that's what had happened ! hope hes feeling a bit better Lindz and I hope bike is easily fixed its summer
take care and if you need a hand wi owt let me know xx

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 19/07/2017 22:37  

Thanks for the offer Boo, but I'm sure Stuie will have it all in hand, once he can stand, walk and basically bend! Summer will have moved through Autumn and well into Winter before we are out on the bike again methinks .

Oh the joys, short, cold, damp, winter days ... Although having said that I do enjoy a ride out through the winter as long as a hot cuppa or hot choccie is available at the other end!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/07/2017 22:57  

Police problem??? You got to be kidding. Not enough people up there to justify it.
Occasionally plod turn up at bike cafes etc for a chat and to remind everyone to keep a lid on it - but really it's just a day out on the works bikes :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/07/2017 06:35  

Sounds even better I had better check that run out ,we went to hartside café a few weeks go that was a good run

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 20/07/2017 07:00  

Nick, yeah the stretch from the roundabout by the garage to Rykas. It used to be a good blast riding up to the top of Box Hill too, but those poxy speed bumps put paid to that.

There's lots of good bends round that area, but the Mickleham Bends are probably the fastest. Not the place to crash though cos of the speeds.

There's another good bend on the way to Brands Hatch on the A20 just past World Of Leather. Apparently you can go round it at 130mph 2 up on a 1200 Bandit.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2017 09:55  

Well Denny if you've made it upto Hartside from Penrith you're going ok, its a proper technical road that.
We've got a wee camp going on up at Hadrians wall at the beginning of August if you fancy a look at Keilder and all of that.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/07/2017 18:33  

I could be well up for that if it doesn't clash with my wales trip doing a three dayer with ten mates . I know were going to ponderosa café then I don't know not asked I love suprises will have to get my dates sorted august is sounding really busy lol.
Yes fab ride to hartside but it was a long day tbh we only do b roads for obvious reasons if we go a hundred as crow flies we prob do 3
hundred lol I know I filled up 3 times and hadn't much left when we got back lol

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 20/07/2017 18:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email