MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Apple Compatability..?

Apple Compatability..? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Apple Compatability..? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Apple Compatability..?

I've not had a problem viewing on my phone (not Apple or let fancy though!)

Believe me, you are still with us, I see no fading around the edges, your invisibility cloak must need pulling up n over your titfer

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 01/08/2017 23:40  

Lindsay,this problem is not going away,it's getting worse(for me at least,lol)...and i'm paying to not be able to share with people..crap service..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/08/2017 07:40  

I'm on an iPad Pro and I can't see your profile... I have no probs seeing other profiles.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2017 09:24  

Jinx, I've just taken a couple of screen dumps from my phone and put them in an album on my profile (called Pics for Jinx57)
I've used yours and Matts profile as an example - I can see them both, but your profile is the only one out of every one I checked that comes up as a half-width page. Everyone elses is full width, just yours reduced.

This is on an iPhone SE btw.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2017 13:53  

Hi Jinx,
today I've tried on the new site to view your photos from last weekend. That album or any other would not open using my iPhone 6S plus !?! 
Regards 

Update Reply
555byker @ 02/08/2017 14:09  

RIIIIIIGGHHTTTT...... I think I found it (big thanks to Panuno for making screenshots!)

The problem, I think, was that in your write-up you listed a load of words separated by commas... but with no space after the commas!
For example:
"Garrulous,Emotive,Literate,Numerate,Tactile,Impulsive,"

Now, on a desktop / normal monitor it viewed fine
But on older iPhones with a small screen resolution, this stretched off the page. Because by default this looks to the browser as a long word (rather than a bunch of words separated by commas).

The solution was a small style change which tells the browser that it's ok to break up words to wrap onto the next line for write-ups.

The new site is not affected by this.

So, now both old and new sites should be ok for you. I'd like to hear from anyone if not (and please make a screenshot if you know how on your device)...

Old site:
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/profiles/view_profile.asp?user_id=48472

new site:
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/profiles/view-profile.asp?user_id=48472

Both work fine for me on desktop and mobile (Android, Nexus 6P)

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/08/2017 14:59  

Using a Mac Pro 3.1 2008 (8 core) running Mavericks OSX 10.9.5 I can see your profile clearly, however the 2nd line of the r/h column "Happen.Unusual.Garrulous,Emotive,Literate,Numerate,Tactile,Impulsive,.Born" overruns the column width, only a minor irritation, all photos are visible also. Hope this is of some help

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 02/08/2017 16:26  

It does appear to be struggling with the spacing of text though as my previous post shows.

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 02/08/2017 16:30  

I was having problems but seems ok now Jinx :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2017 16:44  

WOOHOO....keeping my digits crossed for the next punter,merci beaucoup,bythesea..X

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/08/2017 17:27  

Jinx why are you using apple? them americans carnt even make a decent motorcycle

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 02/08/2017 19:14  

I don't use Apple,it's people with Apple stuff that are having trouble with my profile/photos not opening..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/08/2017 20:49  

And,sorry,Matt,but another report back by Apple user as 'no go'

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/08/2017 20:50  

Thanks Jinx that's why I aint getting any nods they carnt see me sorted

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 02/08/2017 21:50  

Jinx - new site or old site? What kind of Apple device (if iPhone etc, please ask what model number). I'll see if I can find a friend with the same model I can test with.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/08/2017 23:27  

I'll chase it up...:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/08/2017 07:38  

Bobmatt....iPhone and Applemac...both old site and new not viewing.. I can try trimming out a few older photo albums (again) if necessary.. But had no effect last time I culled a few off..:(

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/08/2017 10:57  

No please leave your photos as they are. I need to find the cause of this myself as maybe others are affected also.

Can you get me some screenshots?

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/08/2017 13:50  

Possibly,if i ask them nicely,but they are getting p***sed off too,now..:/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/08/2017 20:39  

Possibly fixed!
Please try now and let me know.
More information in your PMs

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/08/2017 00:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email