MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Isle of ManTT 2017

Isle of ManTT 2017 - Forums [Biker Match] Isle of ManTT 2017 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Isle of ManTT 2017

Superbike Race today. Davey Lambert is described as critical with multiple injuries following his accident at Greeba Castle. Thoughts are with him, his family & friends.

Guy Martin retired with a bruised wrist, after an off due to a false neutral at Doran's Bend.

Michael Dunlop retired due to technical issues.

Ian Hutchinson, 15th TT victory :D

I wish I was there. Going to make the effort next year, never been, never lived! So I was reliably informed by an old school pal today :o

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/06/2017 21:42  

Me and brunette biker have been talking about going next year.....I think it's one of those events you have to plan and book early. I wonder if there are any other BMers thinkin the same :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2017 22:49  

Just seen the news item about Davey's death yesterday.
So sad,still so young.
Condolences to all who loved him.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/06/2017 21:45  

Sad news of the three deaths in this year's TT.

Davey Lambert
Jochem van den Hoek
Alan Bonner

Thoughts and prayers for family members and friends of all three riders. RIP

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/06/2017 22:57  

An ideal time to look for TT dates to travel are early in the new year.
Steam Packet offers are normally released around then, always worth email alerts.

Also...if you're willing to consider it, lookout for the TT marshals training in the UK - also early in the new year.
It's free, includes roadside first aid and access to all areas / paddock for a few hours or so of your time as a volunteer.
The training is excellent, and the experience is unique. Being that close to road racing adds something very special to the TT.
Recommended.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 08/06/2017 00:15  

That sounds very tempting..... A blast! Will certainly be looking into that...thanks n/c :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2017 10:08  

My thoughts with the families.

on the other side of this thread....you can I believe put a deposit down on your steam packet passage ticket. Just remember if you are planning on next year, you need to do the planning and booking now. A lot of the places to stay (if not tenting) are prebooked at least a year in advance and the ferry crossings sell out quicker than a quick thing.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 08/06/2017 14:09  

Thanks rb.... It is certainly on my bucket list to go.... I will definitely be looking into the logistics of it all with regards to going 2018. The Marshall idea sounds very tempting ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2017 14:14  

Agree with rb...demand is massive.

But...if you play with dates....and not select the Cat...it improves quite a bit.

Missed it this year...will also miss those no longer with us.

That, by the way, is a consideration to keep in mind when marshalling.
There are highs and lows...and people to keep safe as well as help keep alive while the bike paramedics / helicopter is on the way to the scene.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 08/06/2017 17:56  

Yes.... A responsibility not to be taken lightly.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2017 00:03  

Best wishes to Ian Hutchinson for a speedy recovery from leg injury sustained during Senior Race....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/06/2017 22:12  

there are some good dates know for bike n rider

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2017 18:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email