MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (9) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (9) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

I'll fetch me Sooty Glove Puppet...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/07/2017 17:43  

Don't know if I,m on the new site or old one, its been the same since I joined. How do I know the difference?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2017 18:18  

Jinx ...Izzy wizzy let's get busy! 

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/07/2017 18:18  

If i had a pound for every time someone suggested that...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/07/2017 20:42  

Pass the JD please...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/07/2017 14:41  

Sorry jinx I finished the Bottle when I reat the post at 3am this morning I will get some in for the Barmouth camp so dont forget your jug

Update Reply
JP @ 18/07/2017 17:32  

Sounds like a plan,my man..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/07/2017 17:47  

I did tonight (thursday)...it wouldn't let me,just stupid error message...stick to me Luddite Purple Patch ..:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 20/07/2017 22:16  

I am still unable to access the new site. Does this mean when the switch over is final I will no longer be able to use BM ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2017 23:08  

I can still see you but I cant see the new site either.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2017 23:13  

Matt
Just been on the 'new' site. I know it's a work in progress but will the absence of viewers names be permanent? People who have viewed my profile I mean.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2017 21:55  

Correct me if I am wrong. I haven't read this full thread,so I don't know if this as been mentioned? So apologies there.

I can't seem to see where,when you post or reply there is no where to edit your post. Sometimes I type away and misspell a word or want to reword a sentence or phrase and after you post,you notice your mistake.

Unless this option is available and I can't see the woods for the trees
I point this out because on one of my other forums I go to they have that option
Thought I would point out. Thanks

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 23/07/2017 22:24  

Use the 'Actions' button underneath your profile detail. Took me a while to find it too:)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2017 15:24  

One thing I've noticed on the Beta site, is that you can't tell when someone was last here, whilst you can on the current site.
Personally I think this is a very useful feature, ad would be good to retain it if possible?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2017 15:30  

Thanks for info Panuno.
I thought that might be the way,but when I try to click the actions button at bottom of my post,nothing happens ? At least when on my windows phone. Not sure about a laptop ?
But thanks again anyway for the info

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 24/07/2017 16:51  

Currently building the new forum main page on the new website.
Last change to get your requests and feedback in...
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/forum

(note: the topics themselves do not open yet. Only the search page is being worked on)

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/07/2017 23:03  

Panuno - On a person's profile it will tell you at the bottom if they were recently online or not.

Mick - there's a time limit for editing your posts. If I remember rightly it's 15 minutes or so. So you cannot go back to a post from days ago and change something you said.

Sandi - it's work in progress indeed. I've not yet got to that bit

Jenny - I'm very concenred you cannot see the new site. Please try typing the address manually into your browser: https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk (just the same address as the normal site, but replace the www. with beta.)
PS When the new site is switched on as default, the old site will remain online (as replacing www. with old.). After a few months it will be shutdown for security reasons.

Catkins - the new site indeed should justify. But it should not be splitting words. Can you send me a message on the new website which demonstrates this?
About events, please describe more what "it does not work" means
View who's online: goes to the search page with the necessary search criteria filled in.
Homepage: Online and kicking, although I made a lot of changes this week. There will be some new sections added also before launch, like forums preview etc.
Forums: completely not done. Started finally tonight and have got the search page up and running (still buggy and not even a first draft yet but you are all welcome to see it live as I'm developing it).

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/07/2017 23:12  

Jenny have you thought that we don't like you lol

Update Reply
JP @ 25/07/2017 15:06  

@JP- haha.... Very wise....there's a lot not to like

Matt....typing in address worked! Thank you
I couldn't find where you can see who has viewed your profile? Is that still yet to come?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2017 16:44  

I too still have issues if i switch between the new site back to the old,mine has the same effect as Catkins described...w---------o----------r------------d-----------s stretched out like t-------------h----------a-----------------t....especially on Forum Titles.....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/07/2017 16:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email