MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (8) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Quite simple(sighs)...when you've been carrying out a lengthy conversation with someone,it used to get stored on conversations,no matter how long ago that message was sent....NOW they are disappearing at random from my profile site,some from ages ago,most from the last 2 weeks...pretty annoying if someone has sent you contact details for an event ,gig,rally..and now vanished

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 14/07/2017 21:27  

And in answer to Nick...an old but good P.C.desktop variety,large memory and storage capability...virus checked every 6 hours..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 14/07/2017 21:29  

Its not the devices being used by members that's the problem because its across the board, its a server problem, it needs sorting out, SOON!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2017 22:46  

No need to (sigh) Jinx *tuts* thank you for your explanation. I now understand what you are moaning about!

I have a great long list of members names in my messages, however, only the most recent on the list actually have messages attached.

As I don't go through my 'archived' messages unless I'm looking for something in particular, I wasn't aware there was an issue! Sorry for being a stoopid female, but you guys didn't really make it clear

I won't bother you again

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/07/2017 23:29  

Sorry for my tone...but being the Invisible Man is wearing a bit thin...just tried sending you a lengthy message to explain ....but it vanished after I pressed send...random people are vanishing along with their previous messages..bummer

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/07/2017 06:30  

I dont think I have lost any yet but Im getting complants from friends about this peoblem and it IS costing mto the site they are moving away and on to other sites so best get this sorted before some of the longstanding members start to logout for good

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2017 07:37  

There is no need for apology, I was just being a tad facetious but the 'tone' of my comment obviously didn't come through in my message.

I agree it's a pain if info is vanishing but tbh, I've started storing addresses, numbers, birthdays, dates in another format. God forgive me but I have to admit that I have something called a ... wait for it ... Notebook! I know, how shameful of me, in a world of technology. Disgusting!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/07/2017 09:05  

Matt...you wanted any error messages...well i got continual messages telling me i had a new PM...nothing there 7 times,then this...
aspxerrorpath=/sites/bm/myaccount/2Fsites2Fbm2Fmyaccount2Fpm2Fnewinbox2Easp3F&goto= Column=5111876Line=0Number=0My IP=2.222.180.107Server Date/Time=15/07/2017 21:16:37

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/07/2017 21:18  

Stop worrying folks, I am working on it.
Nothing has been deleted from the database. There are filters in place for the number of messages to show. I think this might be the problem for missing old conversations.

NEW messages disappearing is worrying and it's my highest priority now.

However, it's bloody hard investigating an issue which is intermittent. Unless I can find a way to reproduce an issue 100% of the time, it's hard to know if what I do fixes it.

What I need from you guys is a little patience and understand please. And, before you post a message, just press...

...CTRL+A (Select all)
...CTRL+C (Copy).

at least on a PC that's what you do. God only knows about a Mac.
If your message then disappears just paste it back in and try again.

Also, I really, really need to know if you guys face the same problem on the NEW website. It's really important. It'll help me figure out what the problem is as the new inbox page is completely redesigned with only a bit of code copied from the old site.
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk
Try it and let me know please

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2017 09:34  

I haven't experienced any of the problems highlighted above and quite frankly, as I don't own a mac or an apple device, I don't know what all the fuss is about. Let those that do, buy an android device. The site was working perfectly well before and the vast majority of members didn't have any complaints.
If one form of operating system doesn't work perhaps you shouldn't try to have your cake and want to eat it as well.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/07/2017 09:59  

D6,i'll buy that for a dollar...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 16/07/2017 10:38  

And hate to say this Matt,but my 'new' site won't even let me look at messages or conversations...just ERROR:404....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 16/07/2017 11:09  

Please, please all of you having problems with messages disappearing tell me if you get the issue on the new site.
If none of you do, then I need to look at expediting the release of the new site.

JInx, where on earth do you get a 404 error? That's a crappy error which can mean so much. Could just be your internet connection died. I've just been using the new site to send messages (never use the old site anymore)
Just go to the new site, https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk then login and on the homepage press Inbox/Private Messages or whatever.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/07/2017 18:32  

Hi Matt .....I've only got a mini iPad and I've tried clicking on your new site link several times but it won't let me on. Just server not responding message.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2017 03:10  

Hi Matt .....I've only got a mini iPad and I've tried clicking on your new site link several times but it won't let me on. Just a 'server not responding' message.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2017 03:14  

I just tried looking at the new site and I got a message telling me the site isn't secure, that someone might be trying to steal info.

Update Reply
Double six @ 17/07/2017 08:00  

Hi. Unable to log on to the new site at all now, this was working up till a day or two past. Now I am looking at a front page for "P F Sense"

I use a Mac and have had no trouble with the previous site until the last month or so when I became unable to log onto a friends profile, the page simply refuses to down load. I am still able to message her.

Update Reply
Bwana Mrefu @ 17/07/2017 11:08  

If i try and log onto teh new site i get the following

The connection has timed out

The server at beta.bikermatch.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/07/2017 12:35  

Also after Oct 2017 the calendar is showing nothing on this site, bit pants being i am trying to get folk to add themselves to events in Nov and Dec !

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/07/2017 12:37  

It's not giving any good signs ATM is it?!

Maybe my magic top hat n crystal ball might magik up the answer!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/07/2017 17:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email