MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (15) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (15) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

ADDED: Delete account (entirely) from the My Account page. Hopefully it won't be used too much

Lindsay thanks for the feedback again

How's everyone feeling with the website today? I've fixed SO many bugs today

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 21:20  

The feature that sends a message with a nod on the new site is a little naff - I tried it a few weeks ago, then had to send a message apologising for the naff message that was sent by nodding

Not sure that's such a good idea....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2017 08:34  

Why naff?
Problem is I get so many emails asking me what a nod is about. That pm informs the recipient immediately. It also allows them to reply to you

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 09:38  

A nod is just a nod Matt, like a 'poke' on FB.
In my view it just says, 'Hi, I noticed you, you're an interesting man/woman/in-betweeny, and I thought I'd let you know I'm here'.

Those of who can message - I think that's just paid-up members? - can easily do so, if we want.

I can't remember what the exact wording of the nod message was, but I remember it made cringe a little bit.
Personally I like the nod as it it, but that's just me. What do the others think?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2017 10:01  

The wording is...
==============
Hi ****!

I've just sent you a nod on BikerMatch.

This can be a sign of interest, appreciation, thanks, respect or anything else.

This message was sent to you automatically and also via email.

Feel free to get back in touch.
==============

It's a neutral message and it hopefully will stop folks emailing me every day.

Folks used to previously think a nod was only to show an interest in someone. I had guys complain to me via email "Delete me from this site immediately. I'm not gay and guys keep nodding at me".
I'm not even joking!

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 10:28  

That's quite funny actually Matt

Luckily I'm secure enough in my (hetero)sexuality not to worry about nods from random strangers!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2017 10:58  

Hi Matt, my phone is Sony Xperia Z5, (where the open chatroom tab is a bit big) .
On my tablet (Sony Z4) chatroom tab is very unobtrusive 👍
Maybe for mobiles it could be called “chat " instead of "open chatroom"

The age range and distance sliders are difficult to see what you are changing them to with fat fingers like mine...... The old scales had numbers above which helped alot
If the scales ran above the sliders that would be good another option.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2017 11:23  

I must admit I nodded someone yesterday n when I saw the message I was I little surprised. I do understand your reasoning Matt but my nod was merely an acknowledgement that a member living not far away from me had looked at my profile n I at his, a kind of 'Hi'.

I know some guys are paranoid about other guys checking out their profiles, one in particular, but I don't think the message will encourage him to send nods as, no doubt, he will see it as a 'bit weird'.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/10/2017 12:19  

Now I'm not sure about the nods. But we live in a democracy (they say) so it's up to you guys. I don't mind disabling the notifications again. Only 2 problems - 1) I get loads more emails asking what nods are about. 2) I have to find a new area to make a nods list, which at the moment there's no place for (i can't add a new tab in the My Account page because it then doesn't fit on your average mobile screen width).

Chatflap I will fix now.

Cat - no idea about it not logging you out. It absolutely should do if you press the button. BUT! If you are only referring to the "Online Now" page, it simply shows everyone who has been active within the past hour or so. So even if you press Logout, it will take a little while for you to drop off that page.

Views can be found under My Account \ Profile.

Don't understand your comment about action buttons???

About pix... I think i put a hard limit of 2,000 total photos on it because of the problem Jinx was having (iPhones aren't capable of that much - so they crash).
I'll checkout your double pic problem

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 13:27  

Chatflap fixed - Opinions please?
When on mobile it changes from "Open Chatroom" to just "Chat" and is much smaller. I also reduced the 'padding' in the button so it generally takes up less space.

Regarding the search sliders etc.... I have a crappy cheap Android device from my day job and even on that phone with a small screen the sliders are reasonable. I don't think it's necessary to know the precise year you're selecting. If you're a year or two out in your search, does it really matter? Who's being that fussy really? Adding extra boxes with text in of the ages from and to just takes up too much extra space and becomes unnecessarily ugly

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 14:01  

Cat - photos fixed. I had limited it to 1000 because of iPhone users. You have 1243 photos which meant that 243 weren't shown, including those in the profile pics folder. They now all show:
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/profiles/view-profile.asp?user_id=68163&tab=photos

I also don't see any duplicates. This happened on the old website as a bug

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 14:05  

The edit and delete buttons only work within 15 minutes or so of posting.
At the moment they take you to the old website because I've not made them pages on the new site yet

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 14:19  

Now that's something I didn't know! I accidentally put up a blank post ... Ummmm, it's probably a first too😁. Not often got nowt to say!!😊

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/10/2017 15:11  

Catkins - I've no idea what you mean lol. Looks fine on my Android. Can you clear your temporary files in your phone's browser? Are you using Chrome on Android?

Lindsay - how and where did you post a blank message? It should not be possible anywhere

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 15:41  

It was the post above. I accidently opened post and pressed post reply. It was there in front of my eye-pies in full glorious nothingness.. so I edited as per details above. Dunno what happened there ??

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/10/2017 17:05  

If you can do it again and find how to create a blank post I'd really appreciate it. It shouldn't let you ever do that

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2017 18:35  

I tried to view 3 profiles using my phone, on the beta site. Matt, Catkins, and Jynx. None would open for me at all.
Logging backing into the old site and it says I've viewed them 71 times (for Matt), 27 for Jynx, and 24 for catkins...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2017 19:11  

I would comment on this,but ...............

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/10/2017 21:42  

I can only tell you I'm working on it.
I'm just trying to find someone to loan me an iPhone

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/10/2017 00:45  

Appreciate the work you're putting in Matt, just giving you some feedback, not complaints.

It may take a little more time, but the good thing is that I don't think any of us are too worried about changing things that soon - perhaps the older members more than me - so worth taking the opportunity to get it right.

And I guess we'll keep giving you feedback

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2017 08:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email