MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (11) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (11) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Matt,surely it would be better to get all the OLD problems sorted out,just my inquiring mind...
Any newbie with Apple gear is think they're getting taken for a ride if they cannot view Odin-knows how many potential contacts.??...perhaps you ought to put a large red disclaimer notice on the home page,actually informing people that you don't like Apple stuff,so can't guarantee it'll ever work on here...save your money before you commit...must be a legal aspect to all this...?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/08/2017 16:18  

Nope,not worthy of even a reply...hohum(sings to self...i'm the Invisible Man,I'm the Invisible Man)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/08/2017 07:47  

Nick - Send button for PMs has been moved

Jinx - Whoops, you're right. I forgot to add the ability to change captions. I'll get onto that.
And about fixing existing problems first. I think you're underestimating how much work that is. The whole reason I'm making a new website is because the old one is FULL of bugs. The more I get the new website running the less you need to bother with the old bugs, because you can use the old site less and less.

Sandi - The list of people who've viewed your profile is only for the past 14 days. I don't know why you can't see the forums on the new site.

David - welcome to the site! Go create yourself a new forum topic and tell us about yourself.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/08/2017 13:48  

Hi Matt
Don't know if this has been mentioned before so apologies if it has....
Because of the way the events calendar works... I can no longer click on Rock and Blues event in July to view pics that have been put on by other BMers...the calendar just won't go back that way now we are into August. Is this something you plan to adapt on the new site?
Thanks JW

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2017 20:08  

Here's a link to Rock & Blues if anyone wants to take a peek - or even add more photos....

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/newcalendar_event_details.asp?event_id=5460#

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/08/2017 21:21  

Jenny - On the old site you have to go to the search page to view previous months. On the new site you just press the left arrow to switch to the previous month

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/08/2017 21:41  

Ok... Will have another go :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2017 21:49  

Got it!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2017 21:51  

Live messaging - 1:1?
That would be cool...as much as I don't mind PMs, there's space for middle ground between communal chatroom and exchanging PMs individually in an evening...?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 02/08/2017 22:13  

Nick

At the moment you can talk privately in the chatroom (old site). But only to people in the chatroom.

I will be redesigning the chatroom to make it more popular for the new site. It will basically follow everyone who's logged in, on every page, and you'll be able to just slide it out like you can the side menus. HOW I'll do this I currently have no idea. I think a panel that slides out from the bottom of the page maybe.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/08/2017 23:25  

The new website is now also Internet Explorer 9 compatible. Taken me a whole day of reprogramming stuff and removing funky features to get IE 9 and IE 10 working.

IE9 was released in March 2011... so if people complain now of the new site not working in their browser I can safely tell you to UPGRADE!

For those of you sticking with dinosaur browsers, please remember you are running serious security risks every day. Also missing out on a lot of cool new web features.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/08/2017 23:18  

Matt, I've just had a while looking through the new site, and I've noticed on the Communicator page you can't see 'views' any more. Or have I just missed it?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2017 08:16  

You're correct. It's just not made yet. Trying to get the big features out of the way first (registering, editing profile, forums, events, PMs etc).

Then I'll move on to the smaller details like event lift requests, views, etc.

But the old site will remain online until I have everything finished on the new site. At some point I'll rename the current www. site to old. and the beta. rename to www.

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/08/2017 19:18  

Since February, the total count of all lines of code is: 115,709 !!
That's lines, not words.
Total words: 756,112

I should have written a book!

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/08/2017 20:02  

Ok I have got a new laptop and had a good look around the new site and I must say its really helpful when you cant get to sleep. Sorry Matt but it's as exiting as paint drying

Update Reply
JP @ 05/08/2017 10:10  

Well I have had a couple of squints at the new site and have just this to say.......WTF!
This is the second change in less than 2 yrs and in my opinion, by far and away, the worst. It is bland, impersonal and not in the slightest bit inviting.
Since my yearly subscription expired I have only paid purely to contact members that haven't subscribed. I won't be subscribing anymore. Not that my opinion counts for anything but as a paid up member I have the right to voice my opinion......for now at any rate.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/08/2017 02:35  

Sorry Matt but I totally agree with JP and JInx

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 06/08/2017 07:51  

sorry and double six

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 06/08/2017 07:53  

Now guys, thanks very much for your positive feedback - NOT!

How about giving some genuinely helpful feedback. How would you like it to be changed?

Yes it's a big step/change, but I'll tell you this... every NEW member I speak to via email I ask them to check the new site. And EVERY one of them says "wow much better than the purple site".

I know you're used to the old site and folks don't like change. But it's absolutely necessary that we go through this.

But thanks, months of my life, day and night, hours and hours of work building it... and I get this from you guys? Thanks very f'ing much! I'm sure you do great at your jobs.

Criticism I can take, but just telling me the new site is a bag of shit really hurts.

Now if you'd say "maybe add more pictures here, or more colour there, or this, or that" would be better?

Honestly don't think you guys realise how much I've worked on this. How little sleep I've had this year. How little time I've spent with my family. All to help bring BM back to life and do something for you guys.

You're welcome!

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/08/2017 19:36  

By the way - the new website has exactly the same content as the old site!
Just compare both homepages and you'll see. It's just presented more cleanly and everything shuffles around for folks who are using mobile devices.

The menu is cleanly tucked away. The homepage has the same map, events, members on. I even added extra photos to the homepage, including 30 random members who rotate across the page and a banner image.

How does adding more members make it less personal or more bland? I honestly just don't get you guys at all and I'm really offended if I'm honest.

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/08/2017 19:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email