MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Day out to Lake Vyrnwy - Powys Wales

Day out to Lake Vyrnwy - Powys  Wales - Forums [Biker Match] Day out to Lake Vyrnwy - Powys  Wales - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Day out to Lake Vyrnwy - Powys Wales

I have put an events calendar entry out there for a day out to Lake Vyrnwy (Powys) Wales. 10th September Sunday. Not much on events calendar then, so thought would see if any takers. I'll have a word with the Welsh contingent, see if we could meet up. I have been before, it's a beautiful area. Check out the web site: http://www.visitmidwales.co.uk/Lake-Vyrnwy-Lake-Vyrnwy-Llyn-Efyrnwy/details/?dms=3&venue=1023341

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/04/2017 08:33  

Oh no we won't be able to join you, we are off to the Breacon Beacons the day after! Enjoy the ride as the Lake is so beautiful

Update Reply
Jemima24 @ 24/04/2017 10:10  

I wouldn't mind having a go at that AJ, love that area ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2017 21:16  

Might even venture there on two wheels this time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2017 21:20  

I,m up for a dabble at that.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2017 08:06  

I think I can safely say that Stuie will be up for this one especially if ExupRichR1 is going to put in an appearance! 

Rich if you are up for this one, give Stu a shout please. 

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/04/2017 21:11  

Do they not have a lake with vowels in??

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/04/2017 22:30  

Isn't 'Y' a sort of unofficial vowel.... ie 'fly' or 'dry' ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/04/2017 22:36  

This hasn't appeared in 'Events' yet ???????????

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 01/05/2017 08:09  

Sorry AJ but we won't be able to make this one as I realised this afternoon it falls on the same weekend as the Sleights Art Festival, room already booked!

Have a fabulous day everyone attending, perhaps we will make the next one.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/05/2017 00:07  

Any reason it's taking so long to get into 'Events' ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 04/05/2017 00:29  

Meh..dunno,but colour me interested...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/05/2017 23:41  

Hi I am going to have to bail out of this event and the organisation of it as I have been put on Airport run duty for that day. If someone else wants to take it on ?????????? else can one of the MODS delete it from events please ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 28/06/2017 23:35  

BUMP

Please note: I am going to have to bail out of this event and the organisation of it as I have been put on Airport run duty for that day. If someone else wants to take it on ?????????? else can one of the MODS delete it from events please ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 03/08/2017 20:44  

I'll delete the event when everyone has removed themselves from it; but COME ON! people - lots of positive comments on here from earlier in the year; now that it's getting closer why not commit and make this a meet that everyone else will wish they could have made it to?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 03/08/2017 21:06  

I'm always up for a spin into Wales...I'm watching this with interest.
Unable to give a clear commitment at this point due to nature of work...it's awkward when I work 99% of my weekends.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 08/08/2017 08:09  

That, and a new face added to the event, is good enough for me Nick, I'll leave it up.

Only thing is; there's no actual plan for timings and meeting points etc, so someone has to put a time and place on the thread if you intend to meet and not just ride past nodding.

Add yourselves here: https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/newcalendar_event_details.asp?event_id=5552# if you want to be included in notices.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 08/08/2017 18:21  

Taking into account the distances some folks will be riding, also they may not have been there before and are unfamiliar with the route... perhaps we can agree a time around lunch??

Say arrive between 12pm and 1pm.
Depart about 3pm, giving folks a nice wide arrival window, should anyone get a little lost :-)

I've been before, it's a nice place.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2017 18:16  

Was looking at various points for refreshment. The Old Barn looks promising?
http://www.oldbarncafe.com/Pages/default.aspx
Close proximity to the dam, with food and...puddings

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 22/08/2017 18:35  

I've had to pull out for now.

Bike developed engine noise this evening and it sounds slightly terminal. Probably either a big end, small end, piston or camshaft problems.

I'll know more towards the weekend when I get time to remove the fairings and get my stethoscope and endoscope in there.

:-(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2017 23:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email