MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Any Hawkwind Fans Here?

Any Hawkwind Fans Here? - Forums [Biker Match] Any Hawkwind Fans Here? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Any Hawkwind Fans Here?

This isn't a BM event, it's just me seeing if anyone fancies a beer and a laugh tomorrow

If you like Hawkwind, Hoaxwind are playing at The Oak in Kingston tomorrow night. They play the old Hawkwind stuff, and play it well as it goes.

8:30pm to 11pm, no support act. Free entry and pub prices for drinks

The Oak
98 Richmond Rd
Kingston upon Thames
KT2 5EN

So if you fancy meeting up for a beer and a laugh, this is where we'll be!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2017 17:27  

Seeing the real deal soon at Stroud Sub. Rooms,but been catching them since the early 70's...think i've only seen DR.Feelgood more times...(dates me,lol)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/04/2017 20:10  

Buxton opera house next month and mellowfest, really looking forward to getting my space rock fix

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2017 22:07  

Best non-pro band I've seen in a while, easily the best Hawkwind tribute act anyway. They played all the old 70's stuff, the Calvert era and all that.

There was loads of bikers there, dunno if anyone on here went though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2017 00:03  

Jinx, I've only been going to Hawkwind gigs since the mid 80's. I must be younger than you.

Back then Glastonbury was still good and you could see Hawkwind for free in the travellers field. Well, until it all went silly when the 'Brew Crew' beat them up and smashed up their bus and nicked all their drugs. That's when Dave Brock said that's it, no more free festivals. And that was the end of that, all down to the 'Brew Crew'.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2017 11:25  

Younger than ME,Big C...??I'm only 24 (in my mind)..i've just had my Sixth Decade marker fly past,but substituted my own reality..i can remember Stacia the Stripper being banned from the stage by Cheltenham Town Council,much to the chagrin of us lusty lads ..also a great set they did at Reading Festival one year,very late at night,atmospheric indeed..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 21/04/2017 14:30  

On that subject, theres a covers band around called 'The Busby Babes' who do a wicked version of 'Comfortably Numb' as part of their repertoire. Not many take that song on.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 07/05/2017 10:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email