MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Squires Egg Run - Sunday 9 April 2017

Squires Egg Run - Sunday 9 April 2017 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Squires Egg Run - Sunday 9 April 2017 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Squires Egg Run - Sunday 9 April 2017

Well the turnout for this one was astoundingly good and the Weather Pixies sorted the weather, what a beautiful day. Just a  shame the Traffic Trolls stuffed things up!

3 hours riding time spent in a field and on the B1222 trying to get out of Sherburn. . 

Decided to ditch Malton and coast etc altogether, ended up at The Sun Inn at Norwood for lunch, then an icecream at GTs in Risplith. Back via Pateley Bridge, Greenhow, Norwood then via Pool, Harewood, collingham, Bramham,Tadcaster then into Squires for a drink n home.   

I REALLY enjoyed the Egg Run to Malton this year.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/04/2017 19:36  

Get there earlier next time and you'll be near the front.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 10/04/2017 00:07  

Lmao. From what I've heard some of those didn't make it either

Any idea of the turnout numbers in Squires Martin? Apart from 'full to the brim' or 'a blooming lot' ?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/04/2017 07:03  

1043. Unfortunatly there was an accident on the route at Weldrake after the marshals and about 300 bikes had passed that point and the police closed the road. Leaving the remaining riders to find their own way to Malton
We are now getting loads of complaints because we didn't marshal the diversion. how we are supposed to do that I don't know. Our marshals waited at their posts for one and a half hours for bikes that were never going to arrive. we had to send a marshal all the way back to collect them. Added to that we were told minutes before setting off the a64 was closed so we had to quickly sort another route.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 10/04/2017 14:24  

Wow! 1043 that's going some. I'm not complaining about Marshalling, we were kept updated in the top field, although we weren't aware of second accident until one of our party who got to the crossroads in Sherburn telephoned us to tell us.

It will definitely go down in everyone's memories, as the Sherburn Egg Gridlock

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/04/2017 17:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email