MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

23rd April Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock

23rd April  Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock - Forums [Biker Match] 23rd April  Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

23rd April Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock

BJ has asked me to organise Pick up a Pillion Day, suggesting I double it up with The Matlock Ice cream and chips. So if the mods could put it on the events, and all you prospective pilly's get your request on that page, then that's what 23rd of April is going to be. If you propose to come, then if you do/can carry a pilly, be generous with those spare seats. I've not organised this before so feel free with any info etc, pm me if you like.
watch this space I guess.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/01/2017 08:56  

Thanks AJ.

Due to waiting for op date for Mr Ken, i can not commit to organising the whole thing this year, as i may not be avle to attend, so cheers to AJ for accepting the gauntlet :)

Usual stuff applies, time to meet at Bassetts Pole Maccies Car Park will be posted, followed by a leaving time, estimated time of arrival at Matlock :)

If anybody would like to arrange for a ride from Squires or anywhere else please do so.

Great time to meet folk for the first time.

Anybody wanting a pilly seat, add yourself to th elift option on the event and same applies to anybody offering a seat.

Feel free to ask questions within the thread or PM me if you prefer :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/01/2017 14:47  

Sounds like a cracking idea, to tie them both together

For anyone wishing to join Stuie n myself for the ride down to Matlock. We will be leaving the carpark opposite the Corner House Cafe, in front of the Post Office in Holmfirth at 10.30am.  

Please let one of us know if you intend on joining us, so that we can swap numbers if necessary - we wouldn't want to set off without you! 

We will also be going for something to eat, followed by a beer (or three) on Saturday 22nd. Feel free to join us! Last time we did the Holmfirth Hobble, we had a fun filled time! 

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/01/2017 20:24  

Looking forward to this one always a good turnout.

Update Reply
JP @ 25/01/2017 06:42  

Hi to all you new and old types ha ha Keep an eye on 23rd April - Pick up a Pillion day - this year will be at Matlock. This is a great event to meet up with new people and keep an eye out also for places to meet up prior to setting off for MATLOCK - or make your own way. I'm pretty sure (mentioning no names) that I know one or two who have paired off after a Pick up a Pilly day. Should be on events in the not too distant future. For us Midland lot, the usual meet up is Bassetts Pole and then go from there, but I'll finalise that nearer the time. If you want to check out where it is - Post Code Address: London Road Bassets Pole, Sutton ...... B75 5SA Usually meet outside or inside McDonalds for a tea and a bun before setting off. I don't mind leading if someone will volunteer to be backmarker to keep the L's and 125's in line. No motorways so L/125 will be OK, no-one will get left behind. Come along, join in, what have you got to lose ???
As BJ says : Anybody wanting a pilly seat, add yourself to the 'lift' option on the event and same applies to anybody offering a seat.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/01/2017 20:02  

AJ,approx. what time will you be starting from Bassett's Pole,as i've got a few miles to cover between us??And if i offer a pillion ride,got to allow time to pick them up too...life is SO complicated sometimes...lol :)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/01/2017 14:44  

I will say 10:45 - 11:00 start from Bassetts. Should give you plenty of time to get there.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 29/01/2017 17:30  

Splendido,and mille grazie..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/01/2017 20:03  

Will have a look at going to this

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 30/01/2017 22:46  

Jaffa, may need to request a Pilly myself lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/01/2017 10:06  

On events page, so please add yourself

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/newcalendar_event_details.asp?event_id=5478#

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/01/2017 10:11  

Eleven already and it's still January

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 31/01/2017 11:56  

It's the thought of ICECREAM in Matlock after the rideout that's bringing them out of the woodwork AJ. 

The other option doesn't bear thinking about  ...the outing of the big yellow birdy again

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/01/2017 12:57  

You buy me an ice cream, I'll bring tweety.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 31/01/2017 13:18  

Aha but will you wear it whilst consuming the prize? THAT is THE question!

One very large icecream on order for the geezer in the Woodstock outfit. 

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/01/2017 14:43  

If i can not get a pilly i will turn in at Matlock in the car if nowt else just to poke AJ

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/02/2017 09:22  

Well I thought I'd posted in here but obvs not.
As per I'm looking for a lift to Matlock Bath for this event. Message me if you can oblige, I can contribute to your travel costs.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/02/2017 04:51  

There are just a couple of rendezvous/start points so far folks;

*** Bassetts Pole (McDonalds Car Park), London Road, B75 5SA - leaving between 10:45am - 11:00am

*** Car Park (opposite the Corner House Cafe & Bambles) Towngate, Holmfirth, HD9 3AY - leaving at 10:30am

I would assume that there will be other start points. Can you please post these up once they are organised. Cheers

Looking forward to this one

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/02/2017 21:26  

My house...8:30am,after i've walked the dog...lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/02/2017 12:36  

Thanks to goingtouring for offering me a lift to this event, it's much appreciated

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/02/2017 13:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email