MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Weekend Camp at The Barge Inn, Wiltshire.

Weekend Camp at The Barge Inn, Wiltshire. (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Weekend Camp at The Barge Inn, Wiltshire. (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Weekend Camp at The Barge Inn, Wiltshire.

Although the Barges website for bookings has not opened yet they have put up a price list , £8.50 pppn in a tent. So can we put this on events and get a proper list of who is interested ?please Put my name down as well please Dave ,be good to see you again

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 17/02/2017 23:19  

Oooh QM, you're filling your diary up aintcha? Hope we are gonna see you over this way at some stage this year and we will make an effort to get over to your neck of the woods soon

Right back on topic; definitely three of us Stuie, GeorgiePorgie n me. A few others possible waiting for confirmation.

Looking forward to this

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/02/2017 23:40  

Don't want to pee on anyone's bonfire but a friend of mine who lives close to the Barge says the pub is selling the land which is presently the campsite. This may just be a local rumour, but worth checking out!

Update Reply
vtwinsteve @ 18/02/2017 12:26  

I have emailed The Barge Inn enquiring for information and i'm awaiting a reply.

If vtwinsteve's info is correct that the barge is selling it's campsite, there are a couple of other pubs with campsites attached in that area that i will make enquiries to.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 18/02/2017 15:33  

I'll await news,then...but still interested in a bit of a do with tents,wherever..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/02/2017 20:22  

I've heard back from The Barge Inn via quite a vague email saying They are closed for camping the moment and would be reopening in the spring depending on the ground conditions and when they update their website.
I did ask for any info regarding any planned pitch fee increases and whether to pre book or not, but this has'nt been forthcoming.

Your thoughts on whether to continue with the Barge or look else where, i would still like to go to the Barge ??.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 19/02/2017 06:01  

I would give them till easter but still would be looking for a plan B just in case

Update Reply
JP @ 19/02/2017 06:47  

Stick with The Barge Inn and look for camping reasonably close by, for the wobble to bed, if possible is my preference.

However, Dave it is your 'baby' (so to speak) so do what the heck you like and I'm sure most, if not all, will go with the flow

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/02/2017 12:54  

Stay with the Barge Inn if you can, looks a cracking place to camp & a nice trip down from up here. Like JP says leave til Easter.

Update Reply
Motorbike50 @ 19/02/2017 17:46  

Oh Blimey Lindsay has spoken, that's settled, the Barge Inn it is then !. I will make a plan B just in case though.

@Motorbike50 Yes the Barge is a cracking place to camp, just don't turn the wrong way when you come out the pub after having a few glasses of Giggle Water , you'll get wet feet .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 19/02/2017 22:04  

Just a few glasses!. Thanks for the warning, quack quack.
See what you can sort out, I'll go with the flow.

Update Reply
Motorbike50 @ 19/02/2017 22:48  

Ooh Davey my boy, you are getting cheeky!

I'm looking forward to this one, my kipper is giddish already!!

Is it on events yet? If I can put my name down on something it makes it feel soooo much closer to going on my jollidays...

Btw, are we THERE yet?????

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/02/2017 22:30  

Dave - depending on where in his recovery Mr Ken is this may involve us being in teh car, is that ok?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/02/2017 14:20  

That's not a problem at all Jackie, it'll be good to see you there.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 22/02/2017 18:36  

Your nose gets bigger with every text Dave.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 22/02/2017 18:57  

Bro you know you miss me

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/02/2017 16:00  

I'm going to get back in touch with the Barge Inn in early April/Easter time and see if i can get any information from them.
I have got another venue in mind, the Golden Swan at Wilcot which is about a mile or so from the Barge Inn should camping at the Barge not be possible.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 03/03/2017 01:45  

Just had a very quick look at The Golden Swan, looks good to me Dave.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/03/2017 07:07  

Either or will do me Dave cant wait

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 03/03/2017 09:55  

I'll go with the flow

Update Reply
Motorbike50 @ 03/03/2017 14:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email