MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Memories - 2016

Memories - 2016 - Forums [Biker Match] Memories - 2016 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Memories - 2016

Thought it maybe good to share memories/moments of our year in 2016. So here's mine ... How time flies, a year ago (yesterday) since Lemmy passed. Six months ago, I stood at the foot of the statue erected to pay homage to Lemmy, looking up in disbelief at what had been achieved in less than 6 months, the scale, the detail everything about it screams LEMMY. It's placement in the Warzone at Hellfest, Clisson is perfect. I stood and wept tears of sadness and joy whilst watching the fireworks display to the music of Motorhead, then rocking out to the footage of the band playing at Hellfest. All the while, standing shoulder to shoulder with around 25,000 metalheads who were doing the same. A truly momentous occasion I will never forget. Also great pride in attending my daughter's Graduation Ceremony. After 3 years of difficulties, in all sorts of ways, she came through the other side; happy, smiling, content and moreover enjoying life to the full, whilst continuing to grow into a beautiful young woman both inside and out. One Proud Mad Ma x Friendships that have waned a little but still stand. You all know who you are. Rest assured 2017 will be one to remember. Finally, another year with the Tall One! Who would have thought he had the patience/tenacity to put up with me and all my moments of madness?! Thanks Stuie, you are the best x

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/12/2016 17:05  

2016 has certainly been a year I won't forget in a hurry. My ex-wife of 23 years being convicted of murder and sent down for 25 years being the centerpiece of the event, and my 'interviews' with Lancashire CID, 7 months dodging the gutter press and an appearance in court as a witness being mere sideshows. Bring it on 2017, I'm ready for you....

Update Reply
centurion @ 29/12/2016 17:25  

Lovely post Lindsay.
Bloody hell centurion, I reckon 2017 can't be worse for you than 2016. I certainly hope it isn't.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/12/2016 19:58  

Met my Special Lady at a camping weekend,that'll do for me.....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/12/2016 20:22  

2016 not a great year so 2017 couldn't get much worse, hence it should be better.

Lost me dad in March, although was a release to his suffering really, Still a shocker when he's not physically there though.

Bike was off the road for 5 months due to various reasons. Hope to do a lot more this year.

So many names I grew up with passed on this year also.

So come on 2017, lets make it a good one.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 29/12/2016 20:22  

Congratulations Jinx
My condolences A J xx

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/12/2016 00:05  

2016 ... a year of ups and downs, mostly downs, having to scrap my bike, taking an employer to tribunal (I won after many months of worry and costs), health worries (I'm healed... so far)  but hey... what does not kill you makes you stronger as Nietzsche said....
Sadly in my immediate personal life I found out exactly who were true friends to me when the chips were down, BUT I learned who were big hearted and lovely friends too (hugs to a couple of wonderful lady friends on here 'oop North' for their neverending faith, happy PMs and support)
I also found love in the strangest of all places (hospital), and as a confirmed long-term and happy-at-it bachelorette, that for me WAS the main weird thing about 2016 lol so hope it continues being weird, wouldn't have it any other way in my life 
Condolences to AJ on your father, and to all others experiencing difficulties hopefully 2017 will be better x Thanks for starting this interesting post Lindsay.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2016 00:26  

Busy old year for me, lots of decisions made. Accepted the proposal of my partner in crime I met on here and tied the knot in August. Stepped over to the dark side and bought a classic Harley and love it. Had some great times with friends. 2017 will see more changes as we will move back north again so bring it on!! Happy New Year to all...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 30/12/2016 06:50  

In February my father died which ended a run of 5 relatives dying in 15 months. Hope 2017 is remembered for being coffin free.

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 30/12/2016 22:34  

It's been a fantastic year for me. Paul and I became home owners and moved onto our boat. We got another fur baby in the form of Bear a three quarter pug x jack russel, and I became a Nanna for the ninth time... Hope next year is as good . Happy New Year to friends, old, new and yet to come x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/12/2016 08:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email