MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Discuss: Search page profile popups

Discuss: Search page profile popups - Forums [Biker Match] Discuss: Search page profile popups - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Discuss: Search page profile popups

So, I need some feedback from you guys.

There was a problem with the search page, that if you went to a profile and pressed "back" you lost your search settings.

As a workaround I made profiles "popup" in a little window, not taking you away from your search.

I personally find this really annoying. I'd rather CTRL+Click to open profiles in new tabs.

Also, since 2 days ago I've fixed the issue with the search page not remembering what you had entered. Now if you go away and press Back then it'll show you the search you last had opened.

So, the question is... Do I get rid of the annoying popups and just have the profiles open in full screen now the back button works? Or do you like the popups?

So far I've had one complaint about the popups, which agrees with my personal feeling that it's too cramped up. But what do you guys think?

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/10/2016 19:18  

Personally I would prefer a full page right from the start when I click on a profile.

Update Reply
Double six @ 11/10/2016 19:25  

The pop ups are a bit small on my tablet , i have to keep widening them to read them , and then they go to big x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/10/2016 14:06  

ok I've changed it back to how it used to be, no popups.

Tips...

If you press your browser's "Back" button to go back to search results, it will probably put you at the top of the page again. If you don't want to scroll down to where you was in the list, just use a smaller list (like 10 or 20 profile results per page).

If you want to open each profile in a new window/tab, just hold CTRL while clicking. This is what I do (don't ask me what it is on a Mac though)

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/10/2016 14:22  

Oh that's much better , thank you Matt x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2016 02:49  

What pop-up?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/10/2016 13:23  

lol good Jinx, that's how it should be.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/10/2016 15:30  

There is no CTRL on my mobile keyboard, unless it's hiding.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/10/2016 19:53  

Oh yea, mobiles are different.
You need to hold your finger on a link/profile then select something like "open in new tab".

Or you'll just need to keep going back and forth

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/10/2016 09:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email