MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Datatool alarm

Datatool alarm - Forums [Biker Match]  Datatool alarm - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Datatool alarm

Hi. Hoping someone can help. Had my 98 hornet now for nearly 2 years and it came with a Datatool alarm already fitted. Apart from remote batteries I've had no issues at all, until today. For some reason the alarm keeps sounding a few minutes after the alarm has activated itself. Nothing has changed. No idea what system it actually is except the remote has 2 buttons with a triangle and circle

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2016 18:50  

Have a look on Datatool website site i had issues with mine and found info on there . You should be able to work out which alarm you have

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 06/09/2016 07:51  

Thanks. I did that and established (I think) which one it is but whoever fitted it didn't put the led warning where I can see it (in fact can't find it all) and also some other sensor I have no idea of location of. I deactivated the motion sensor which seems to have helped but obviously means it isn't doing its job properly so might be time to remove it anyway before it really annoys me lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2016 16:32  

I'd be tempted to go for the full-on approach, and phone Datatool directly. They may well pass you down the line to your nearest dealer, but that way you should get some proper advice.

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/09/2016 22:47  

I hope you get it sorted Paxo

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2016 03:52  

Thanks. Well so far, as long as I remember to deactivate motion sensor it appears to be ok

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2016 15:42  

Hope your Datatool Alarm Settled down,My Triumph 600 Speed four had a Datatool 3 alarm that fried half the electrics on the bike when it decided to randomly malfunction,cost £60 to have completely removed,looking on internet was shocked to see just how many people posted exactly the same problem,regardless of bike model.I bought a expensive lock,chain,and a cheap mercury micro switch alarm to fit under seat hump for less than the cost of replacement key fob...be warned ,datatool alarms can be an expensive liability...:(>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/10/2016 11:55  

To be honnest when they start to play up normaly tge best thing to do is remove before it becomes a liability.

Sorry to sound negative but have been left high and dry on the side of the road too often due to after market alarm/immobilisers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2016 18:27  

hi, its really easy to remove, I've taken 2 off my own bikes in the past year due to problems, data tool are a waste of time, I've phoned them a few times and am barred off there Facebook page...
if you google it theres instructions online.
I've done a few for customers at the side of the road, just buy a big chain

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2016 22:44  

It sounds like you have the VETO EVO. That model is now discontinued but the full operating instructions can be downloaded from their site.
I have had one of those and you could have put it in service mode.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2016 20:25  

Interesting. I have one that came factory fitted to my Daytona 955i which I bought new. 15 years old earlier this month and never had a problem.

Update Reply
colefit @ 10/12/2016 23:14  

try changing the batteries?

Update Reply
chopperray1 @ 12/12/2016 21:49  

try changing the batteries?

Update Reply
chopperray1 @ 12/12/2016 21:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email