MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

,,Reading too much into something

,,Reading too much into something - Forums [Biker Match] ,,Reading too much into something - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

,,Reading too much into something

,,, Speaking as a fairly new(bie) ,, I wondered could you read too much into another member viewing your profile 3, 4 or even 5 times in a short time ,, how many opinions are there and what are they ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/06/2016 22:20  

Hi, sometimes if someone is on a mobile it's quite easy to go into a person's profile (aka sausage fingers) by mistake.

Or they like what they see.....send a pm and say hi. Keep it simple. They will either respond or they wont. Nothing lost nor gained :-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/06/2016 22:29  

,,,Thanks for the input rowanblossom , as you might have noticed I'm not used to this type of site/group , I expected differing opinions

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2016 00:52  

just send a pm x like RB said but also your profile is there to look at

Update Reply
kaycat @ 17/06/2016 06:27  

If you start getting up to 20 views in a week with no messages or nods...start worrying, lol!!
Some people seem to make it an art at just looking :)

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 17/06/2016 06:57  

I think it is like RB says, sometimes you hit the 'view profile' button without meaning to, especially on those awful touch screen phones....easy to make mistakes on them.

I personally don't bother checking to see who has viewed my profile, and know others who don't either, I suppose it depends on what you use the site for.

If they keep on looking, just send a PM saying 'Hi, saw you checking out my profile a few times, are you interested in having a chat?' If they don't respond to that just ignore 'em cos they are either making a mistake hitting wrong button or they are weirdos.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2016 07:54  

There are multiple reasons for viewing profiles - sheer curiosity, mistakes (as mentioned above), bored browsing, nosiness, genuine interest...

I also often look at the profiles of people who've submitted events to confirm they're actually a member (we do get ones submitted by businesses who disable/delete the profile as soon as the event has been submitted).

So, only one of the many reasons is that someone might be actually interested.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2016 07:31  

,,, You never know , I just might get used to it all ,, one day

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2016 18:37  

Tbh I wouldn't be to worried about people looking at your profile.

You might find if you put lots of pix on it that you will get even more hits from the same people for various reasons.

The only time I would worry is if you start getting stoking type behaviour or sex pest type pm's. Simplist way is to just block them. Just make sure you don't put so much info in your pix or profile that it's easy to find you if your worried. Simple interweb safety stuff really.

Just take its easy this site is worth it if you want it to work for you the amount of mate I have as a result of BM is amazing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2016 22:18  

Or they can be a numpty clicker like me , click on profile, look at bikey pics , press back button , realize you didn't note what they rode , that there is 3 views for the price of one lol, also if I've been on phone will look at pics later on pc , back button again and hey presto , 5 views

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 22/06/2016 22:35  

That's me quiet often rich

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2016 23:22  

Much better now I have a mouse instead of the stupid finicky touch pad (mind of it's own) on the lappy Stuie,

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 23/06/2016 00:00  

Yeh sometimes is staff checking up on the troops :)

saves us having to come round to your house :D hehehehe

Update Reply
madscots @ 04/07/2016 19:12  

Just be flattered somebody is fascinated by your profile . .x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2016 12:29  

I find it interesting reading other profiles and usually say hi or nice bike ,funny thing is the men are better than the slightly aloof females ??

Update Reply
Apeman @ 19/07/2016 16:50  

issue is it would seam is a lot of the blokes just want to meet riding buds or hang out, but quiet a few of the girls on here are after the dating side.

Not saying thats every one but its a trend i have discovered. often i get a chat going with a girl on here and they go cold and stop replying the moment i say i am ina relationship.

Another thing is if people put loads of pix up and keep updating then etc than they shouldnt complain if they get lots of attention. After all why on earth would you fill up with 100's of piccys and complain if people are looking at them?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2016 20:40  

Personally speaking I find this site is getting more and more like Tinder every week, I think most users on here now just treat this like a dating site solely and do not interact on the forums.

From my own experience the last few months all I have been getting from some men are requests for sexting and smutty talk, 'tis especially puzzling when I specifically have on my profile that I am NOT looking for anyone.
(Nowt wrong with smutty talk btw but I will keep it solely for my man and not some stranger on tinterweb thank you very much, plus 'tis very discourteous to approach someone for the first time like that IMO)
I also think a lot of women are on here for Tinder-like use too so am not just targeting the fellas for that stuff

Stuie I think some women find it hard to strike up a friendship/chat with a fella who is attached, they fear it can cause problems, that is my guess why they are aloof.

If some people are using this as a dating site they really should take the time to read the profiles and see what the person is looking for, then message, if the person doesn't answer them back then just move on to the next nice person you see

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2016 21:27  

Like Lulu, my profile is quite clear. However does that stop those who treat this site like tinder or plenty of fish...no. yep I can probably seem aloof, but if you email me with the idea of a quick shag, then I will quite happily own aloof.

Do I have a problem with those attached, nope, not one bit, friends are friends regardless. That is unless that attached person is out to cheat.

No judgement made, you live with your own choices, but,again, I have made it clear I don't tolerate cheats in my life....that's my choice. Does it make me aloof....don't rightly give a crap if it does!

I am here for friends in the biking world and to enjoy rides out.

Yes this site is primarily a dating site, but unlike other sites it's much more than that.

Be friendly, treat others in the way you wish to be treated.....simple

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/07/2016 23:13  

Well said RB, you put it better than I did x

Oh and for all my male/female friends on here who I regularly speak to cos you earned them by being respectful and hopefully I was/am too xx

#proudtobealoof

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2016 23:33  

#proudtobealoofgrumpyandnotgiveacrap

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/07/2016 23:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email