MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Amanda Sheppard (RC)

Amanda Sheppard (RC) - Forums [Biker Match] Amanda Sheppard (RC) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Amanda Sheppard (RC)

I heard the sad news over Christmas that Amanda (otherwise RC on BikerMatch, or Rock Chick) lost her battle against cancer a couple of days ago aged just 45.
She was the proverbial big lady with a big heart, and a real driving force on BikerMatch until her health started to go wrong a few years ago. She thought she'd beaten it, but alas, no.
She was a Derbyshire girl through and through, and always up for a get-together at the drop of a hat in Matlock Bath.
The local council sounds as if it's trying to discourage bkers in Matlock right now. I hope her ghost comes back and scares them all witless.

Footnote....there's a few Rock Chicks on BM, so don't click on the wrong one! Just find RC.

Update Reply
Wills @ 26/12/2015 11:35  

Amanda was one of the first people i met on BM back in 2007. A group of us went to the Rock and Blues show at pentrich together. The pair of us spent a couple of hours in the pouring rain putting up an old frame tent with no instructios. Probably one of the first organised BM meet ups.
At that time one of the main charectors on the site.

My thoughts to her family and many freinds

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 26/12/2015 12:07  

Sad News....
RC was one of the first people I met on Bikermatch. She welcomed me to the world of bikes with open arms and many a night we would be chatting on here. Thou not been on here for a long while now she will always been fondly remembered.
RIP xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/12/2015 12:22  

thou with her family and friends sad sad new

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/12/2015 14:15  

I was told yesterday about this bad news meet her a few times always up for a laugh or slapping me.

Update Reply
JP @ 26/12/2015 15:02  

very sad news to hear and at this time of year.

Thoughts are with close friends and family

Update Reply
madscots @ 26/12/2015 17:21  

My condolences to R Cs family, especially her son, she'll be missed by a lot of people. RIP R C it was nice to know her. X

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/12/2015 17:38  

I was totally shocked and heartbroken when I heard the news on Christmas day. I thought RC was still in remission and had no idea the cancer was termimal. Apparently only family and a few very close friends were aware.

Amanda (Rock Chick, RC) was one of the first members of BM and one of the first Moderators. She introduced me to a lot of great people in those early days and and organised a lot of events, charity do's etc. We had so many laughs along the way, literally falling over with laughing sometimes.. (nowt to do with the drink... *ahem*)

I've been going over lots of old photos and conversations and have been smiling away to myself...

Amanda, Rock Chick, RC... it was an absolute pleasure to know you and to call you my friend. Taken far too soon at aged just 45. No more pain, only heartache for those left behind. Until we meet again my friend....

Ride Free and party with the angels.

xxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 26/12/2015 17:47  

Thanks Wills for letting us know about RC. One of the best people I've ever known. A huge heart of gold, welcoming to everyone, full of energy and happiness.

I was truly shocked to hear the news yesterday. I honestly thought she'd been doing better and winning the battle. The butterflies are still shivering through me at the thought that such a wonderful woman must be taken from us at such a young age.

We'll miss you Amanda, all of us so very much. Hope you're at rest now and pain free.

Love from all your BikerMatch family. xx

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/12/2015 19:54  

Although I didn't know her, she sounds like someone that I wish I had.

RIP

AJ

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/12/2015 21:49  

Never met her.....but knew her thro BM. Lovely thoughts, Wills. Thank you. Hugs for all who knew her .....ride free, lovely lady xx

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 26/12/2015 23:48  

Such sad news to hear like many of you RC was also one of the 1st BM members I got to know. MY thoughts go to the family xxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
drobess @ 27/12/2015 12:42  

On behalf of all the worlds biker family that like me missed the opportunity to meet with you RIP Amanda xxx

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 27/12/2015 17:26  

RC was the first person to chat to me when i joined too...there were a few of us firsties on BM who all met up... she was an awesome vibrant always smiling friendly lady and will leave a massive hole in the hearts of her family and friends. Ride Free. x

Update Reply
witchiest @ 27/12/2015 18:45  

A lovely lady, one of the first people i meet on here as well, good by Amanda

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/12/2015 03:19  

Rest in peace RC I only met you a couple of times but chatted often sad news indeed

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/12/2015 04:35  

XX,for the rock chick R.C.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2016 18:21  

Rest in Peace Amanda x

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/01/2016 22:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email