MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ring Of Red - M60 - Sunday 8 November 2015

Ring Of Red - M60 - Sunday 8 November 2015 - Forums [Biker Match] Ring Of Red - M60 - Sunday 8 November 2015 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ring Of Red - M60 - Sunday 8 November 2015

Anyone fancy meeting up to do this? Meet on Sunday 8th November 2015 at Birch Services Westbound Jct 19 M62 from 10.30 am for a 12 noon set off. Dress in red to form a giant poppy around Manchester in support of our service men and women. Travelling around the M60 to form the giant poppy again then back to Rigbys Guardians MCC Club House for refreshment at the Gardeners Arms Hollin Lane, Middleton, Junction 19 M62. If anyone fancies doing this one let me or Stuie know and we can work out a meet point to ride over to Birch Services or meet up there. If anyone would like to go for a bimble afterwards im sure we can arrange to do that rather than Gardeners Arms.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/10/2015 19:42  

Hmmm...just looked at my work rota, I am down to work on that Sunday but I will see if I can get the day off.
If I wear too much red I will be camouflaged on my big red bike!! ;-)

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 28/10/2015 11:07  

Oh, i do so hope you can make it A2P, especially on that very sparkly, shiny red motorcycle of yours ... It does tend to make Stuie go all misty-eyed!!

Drop me a text if you can make it, n we can sort out meet point etc. :D

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/10/2015 21:05  

I might just make this...red bike, red leathers and my spare helmet is red too. Power Ranger, me?

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/10/2015 22:56  

Oooh Wills you got red boots too?

Mighty Morphing Power RANGER ... is you!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/10/2015 00:11  

Pmsl just realised we will all be on red bikes. Hondas too boot. This is getting worrying need a can of Matt black.

Stuie, Mustn't follow the crowd Dave

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2015 18:58  

Want even more of a chuckle ??

Eric sez he will keep an eye out for us at the services, guess what ?? Yep, more RED!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/10/2015 20:29  

Lol, the red Honda group!... Yes I have the day off work now so I'm in!....just need to find a t-shirt as red as my bike! :-D

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 30/10/2015 22:42  

Cool! Im more than confident that you will look like a ninja poppy A2P! ; )

PM on way...

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/10/2015 23:26  

Anyone else fancy joining us for this one?

Its now on the Events Page, get your faces down folks!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/11/2015 19:25  

Hoping it's not gonna rain for this one!... But I guess I can always buy red waterproofs!

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 05/11/2015 14:55  

Rain is fun. As long as you like feeling your way around rather than relying on grippy tyres

No such thing as bad weather, just bad kit!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2015 00:10  

I remember when biking in the rain used to be fun! I used to spin up the rear tyre of my gpz550! ...not with any power though, just the tyres in them days were sooo crap!...it was the only time my bike felt powerful!! Lol

Perhaps it's my age but nowadays I prefer sliding my car in the rain!...at least I stay dry! Lol ;-)

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 06/11/2015 15:39  

Oh A2P, you know you love that feeling of water in ya crotch! ;)

Everything is gonna be great on Sunday, the power of positive thought will sort the weather out (fingers crossed!)

Looking forward to this one, please dont forget your red tshirts/jumpers/hoodies/jackets folks.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/11/2015 16:35  

I'll be riding up to the Cenotaph in Shaw in the morning, with friends in their club, but then we're all heading to Birch for the off at midday.

I'll keep a lookout for ya's all :-)

Update Reply
PCGuru @ 06/11/2015 17:57  

Anyone heading back to Squires afterwards??

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/11/2015 22:19  

I doubt we will be Alice; dinner to cook n Stu to get back home at a reasonable hour! Would imagine some of those going to Hemmingbrough with Vlad will be back at Squires at some stage.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/11/2015 23:44  

I've had to drop out of this one. With you in spirit, but I've got the house up for sale and the viewers are queuing up down the road!

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/11/2015 12:10  

A good turnout, bit damp on way to Bradford/Huddersfield but dry from there on. A small but perfectly formed BM presence; Rileymtr, Guiness Rider, Abel2Photo, GS George, Stuie & yours truly. Didnt see anyone else, sorry if we missed you!

Good to see everyone (Eric could that flag have been any BIGGER?!).

Journey home was a tad hair-raising, the wind was lifting the front end of the bike. We came back the long way for safety which was a pain but arrived safely. Thanks for putting up with the pussy footing around on the M62 A2P!
Wills, shame you couldnt make it, hope the viewings went well.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/11/2015 17:40  

Back from today's ring of red ride around the M60.... It was good to see the thousands of bikers getting together to pay respect to our fallen hero's.
Good to see fellow bmers in attendance.... Wasn't a problem about the wind on the motorway GBNP ....but elsewhere it was worrying! ??

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 08/11/2015 18:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email