MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Normandy Battlefields Tour 2016 info

Normandy Battlefields Tour 2016  info - Forums [Biker Match] Normandy Battlefields Tour 2016  info - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Normandy Battlefields Tour 2016 info

HiAnother topic I have in my bucket is to do a Normandy Battlefields Tour next year. I could do one through an organized company I suppose but would rather do one via BM if I could as I know quite a few of you lot now. .I imagine I am looking towards next summer to get the weather, the longer days etc etc.So has anyone done one ? Can you help me out with info on it ? What I need etc ? and in principle would anyone else fancy it ? Loads of time to save up.
Just putting the idea out there for now. Any info/assistance welcome :-)

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 21/09/2015 08:18  

Have a chat with Madscots...he's been round the block a few times :-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 21/09/2015 12:30  

I've been on the loppem rally Belgium and on their ride outs round the Belgium war memorials including Hill 62 sanctuary wood trenches and the last post service at the Menin Gate memorial Ypres. Its a good campsite on a sports centre and not very far to ride after getting off the ferry. If there is interest we could sort a group attendance they usually have a good heavy rock band on at night.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 21/09/2015 22:55  

I've been to France a few times and have done some of the Normandy battlefields TBH accomadation is so cheap in France I can't see the point in camping when you can have the comfort of a hotel.
I did a 4 day tour of the battlefields with the intention of doing both the american battles and british battles. But there is so much to see I never got to any British battlefields so would definatly be up for a return visit.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 23/09/2015 17:12  

I may be up for this depending on dates

Update Reply
JP @ 23/09/2015 18:02  

I'd be up for this as well... Depending on the dates.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/09/2015 11:37  

Sounds good to me, again dependent on dates, oh yeah got to get a passport first as well .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 24/09/2015 11:47  

Seen loads of sites , even concentration camps (not good) . General Patton's grave in Luxembourg.
Still loads of Napoleonic forts around too.
A lot of the old buildings are still full of bullet holes.
The whole of Europe is a battlefield.
Definitely interested in a blokes week
beer , bikes and war . What could be better?

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 06/10/2015 19:03  

Dustin a blokes week ?? how can you have a war without a woman to start it

Update Reply
JP @ 07/10/2015 08:34  

That may sting later

Update Reply
JP @ 07/10/2015 08:35  

I might just spoil your bloke week ??

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 07/10/2015 11:45  

That's very true JP. It seems that all women are anti-war until someone upsets them
Then they turn as nasty as Satan's butt-crack.
Hey AJ, check if there's any shoe , handbag or clothes shops near the battlefield sites for the little darlings to look at whilst the blokes enjoy a good war story in peace and quiet.
I'll just grab mi tin hat and teflon suit lol ??

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 07/10/2015 19:17  

We don't all have handbags so wind you male chauvinist neck in.
Its comments like this that put women off going on events that are mainly organized just for men.
I do have a sense of humour but its wearing abit thin on here lately 😊

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 07/10/2015 19:54  

I agree whole-heartedly Shell!

Its becoming rapidly boring.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/10/2015 20:51  

All are welcome in my book. I'm looking for the experience as a whole, get a feeling of what happened. My Grandad fought in WW1 so I would like to see 1st hand what happened and where.

If your looking for a stag weekend away, then this is not for you. Or me.

Sorry to be so direct but means a lot to me.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 07/10/2015 22:30  

A stag weekend?
I haven't heard that phrase for a decade or three lol.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest if women want to visit the battlefields but surely you mean a week not a wknd. You won't see much just popping over for a day or two.
I didn't think it would appeal to women. Shows how wrong I can be. You already have two women interested already.
Get in touch with your Grandad's regiment. Or the British legion. They'll be able to tell you everywhere his regiment fought.
Mi grandpa was too old for the Great War but mi dad (90) alive and well . Fought in WW2. He comes out with some amazing tales. He was just a kid at the time as most are in wars.
As you say, it's a serious subject. I apologise for using your thread for the petty pastime of winding up a few women.
Dusty.
good luck with your event.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/10/2015 00:55  

A stag weekend?
I haven't heard that phrase for a decade or three lol.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest if women want to visit the battlefields but surely you mean a week not a wknd. You won't see much just popping over for a day or two.
I didn't think it would appeal to women. Shows how wrong I can be. You already have two women interested already.
Get in touch with your Grandad's regiment. Or the British legion. They'll be able to tell you everywhere his regiment fought.
Mi grandpa was too old for the Great War but mi dad (90) alive and well . Fought in WW2. He comes out with some amazing tales. He was just a kid at the time as most are in wars.
As you say, it's a serious subject. I apologise for using your thread for the petty pastime of winding up a few women.
Dusty.
good luck with your event.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/10/2015 00:55  

Aj you looking at hotel or travel lodge type accommodation to cut down on luggage as previously said it's really cheep over there

Update Reply
JP @ 08/10/2015 06:49  

Hi i'm interested in doing this trip. Just been looking at ferries and euro tunnel.Brittany ferries go from portsmouth to le harve and caen price range from ferry to le harve £109-£116 return.To caen £111-£161.Euro tunnel average £71.00 return.times and prices are for mid june 2016.This was just for a look see to satisfy my own curiosity.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 08/10/2015 15:26  

Just for interest i'm waiting to hear from euro tunnel for a group booking.I ask for a price for 10 bikes to see what they come back with will let you know when they get back to me.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 08/10/2015 15:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email