Stunt FLYING at K.I.S.S rally!

13 Posts | Latest reply on 06/09/2015 19:24:03 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Exciting news for you all.... some of you may know that my other passion is flying planes.  Well I realised a few weeks back that our K.I.S.S Rally this year at Squires is only a couple of miles from Sherburn airport!
So, I thought what a good idea it would be to hire a stunt/aerobatics plane for our biking friends at BM who may want to try out another awesome lifetime experience!
If you don’t know what I mean, check this out…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJ42_WKn_8 
Ok that’s a little advanced, but we’re welcome to do some basic stunt flying (loops, barrel rolls, etc).
As I’ll be busy all weekend with K.I.S.S I contacted a flying examiner who I know, also a biker who’ll be attending the rally, and he’s offered to hire a stunt plane for the whole day (11:00-18:00) on Saturday (12 Sept) to take any of our rally attendees up for a short spin.
However, we need to know ASAP who is interested so we can organise a schedule.  The price will be approximately £90 for 40 minutes which is more than enough time to try out all the basic manoeuvres.
Due to the small number of slots available, it’ll be a first-come first-served basis.  A deposit will be required in advance to reserve your flight.   These flights require a basic level of fitness of course, so if you have a history of health problems such as heart attacks please think twice before putting your name down.
Any questions… post here (separate thread to the K.I.S.S rally one).Interested?  Send me a Private Message and I'll send you more information on how to book
ThanksMatt

william-63's Profile
william-63

In: bradford
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I'll be there to celebrate with you : )                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

So come on guys.... you can't all be chicken!  PS: no stunts are necessary, you can just fly the plane as any other plane.
And the idea is also that you fly yourself, you have control!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I was thinking about having a competition for those stupid errr brave enough to go up. We will make a list of the number of loops rolls what ever there called and the best show of the day will get there evening meal and a couple of pints payed for. There could be an trophy or something for best pilot or loudest scream and a wall of shame for anybody that come's back crying.
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

What day are these on                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

If you read the post you would have seen it Bill lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

To right jp it,s just easer to ask then read through long messages lol                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

At least your honest about it

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Saturday rules it out for quite a few people as they will be out on there bikes, i,ll be leading a ride and want to be away by 11 and don,t expect to be back befor 5                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i don't think anyone expects you to be back before 5 Bill.

do you mean saturday evening or Sunday morning GeekWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

It,s after 5 Saturday but if it was 5 Sunday morning that would be after 5 on Saturday so i,m right lol                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Bumped for the Boy.

Exciting news for you all.... some of you may know that my other passion is flying planes.  Well I realised a few weeks back that our K.I.S.S Rally this year at Squires is only a couple of miles from Sherburn airport!
So, I thought what a good idea it would be to hire a stunt/aerobatics plane for our biking friends at BM who may want to try out another awesome lifetime experience!
If you don’t know what I mean, check this out…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJ42_WKn_8 
Ok that’s a little advanced, but we’re welcome to do some basic stunt flying (loops, barrel rolls, etc).
As I’ll be busy all weekend with K.I.S.S I contacted a flying examiner who I know, also a biker who’ll be attending the rally, and he’s offered to hire a stunt plane for the whole day (11:00-18:00) on Saturday (12 Sept) to take any of our rally attendees up for a short spin.
However, we need to know ASAP who is interested so we can organise a schedule.  The price will be approximately £90 for 40 minutes which is more than enough time to try out all the basic manoeuvres.
Due to the small number of slots available, it’ll be a first-come first-served basis.  A deposit will be required in advance to reserve your flight.   These flights require a basic level of fitness of course, so if you have a history of health problems such as heart attacks please think twice before putting your name down.
Any questions… post here (separate thread to the K.I.S.S rally one).Interested?  Send me a Private Message and I'll send you more information on how to book
Thanks
Matt

Matt's Profile
Matt

yea we have the plane booked on the saturday.

I will go early in the morning and try it out myself, never done aerobatics before.

Then we have the plane until 18:00.

If there's not much interest by Wednesday then we'll have to cancel it :-(                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2017 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3125 seconds. There are 1086 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption