MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Search

Search - Forums [Biker Match] Search - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Search

I've just subscribed to BM, when I'm signed in my search results locally are nil or one or two in 100 miles radius, but when I sign out I get dozens of results in a 50 miles radius, why is this? am I doing something wrong or is this a website issue...thanks in advance CC..

Update Reply
CrimsonCaberg @ 12/07/2015 21:43  

just wondering if you are getting your male and female search the right way round?

and welcome to BM

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 13/07/2015 06:55  

Could you have done a search that included a few restrictions, like no kids, non smoker etc? Those search criteria might be cached so that when you're signed in they are being applied to the search, but by default none of those criteria are used for a new search by an unregistered user... Maybe!

Next time you use the search page click on the advanced tag and check the various terms are as loose/wide as possible and see what the results are.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2015 10:02  

Thanks for replies & trying to help, most appreciated, @ rowanblosson thanks for the welcome & hi to you, I have got male/female search correct... CC...

@MrMike, don't think there are restrictions as you suggested, but I will check thank you, strange thing is the search seems to work as it should sometimes...anywho I'll check advanced thank you for info...bfn CC

Update Reply
CrimsonCaberg @ 13/07/2015 14:42  

Well I've checked preferences & they were set on No Pref, strange thing is today the search is now working as it should? woohoo ..see how it goes from here..thanks for your comments ppl.. happy hunting..CC...

Update Reply
CrimsonCaberg @ 13/07/2015 14:51  

i was guessing you had the tick box for "no bunny boilers" ticked.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 13/07/2015 20:34  

Please check again now. Long story but I think I might have fixed the problem for you

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/07/2015 08:41  

Geek Boy strikes again lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/07/2015 08:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email