MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Welsh Ride Out

Welsh Ride Out (10) - Forums [Biker Match] Welsh Ride Out (10) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Welsh Ride Out

Well...what can I say? Good company, nice chat, roads fantastic but...shame about the weather this afternoon! ??
Weather started out great, roads were a bit damp in places but we could keep a good pace...then after going up, over and through the clouds (got a bit damp), we got hit by a little rain!:-) ..waterproofs needed for the rest of the ride out!
thank God sbd1078 mentioned his heated grips cos I forgot I had them fitted to mine!...dedaaahh gloves sort of got a bit dryer! Lol

Anyway no complaints here, was a good day out with some new friends :-)

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 23/08/2015 16:48  

Wet clothes but dry underneath . Arrived safe and sound, despite the rain a fab day.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2015 17:26  

Note to self: must take my waterproof gloves next time...they are nice and dry upstairs in the cupboard ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2015 17:30  

Well I squelched through the door, and then got wetter by taking a very hot shower....all better now

Apologies for seizing up... must get heated grips:-)

Thank you to everyone..fab roads, fab company (even with Stuie farting....alot). Nice to see known faces and lovely to meet new.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/08/2015 17:51  

Just walked in to my place (Sheffield) decided to stop off here first as i wanted some dry clothes.

Did i mention it was wet? just to say every orrafice on my body has been violated by cold water!

Got to say had a great time. nice roads and great guys to ride with. Even Jo rode well, for a girl.

Good to meet some new faces too you know who you are! hope to see you all again soon. Oh and PS jo I dont know what you were worried about the weather it was fine, maybe next time we could do it in the summer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2015 18:20  

Summer?? When is that then? Perhaps we could try a continental ride out? May even find some dry roads to play on! Woooohooo!

Oh I didn't know zx12's had turbos? Or is that just when stuie farts a lot? Lol extra impulse power! Lol
Could have done with that heat to dry the roads! ;-)

Til next time.... A2P

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 23/08/2015 18:51  

Just got in , got me rain riding head on , cleared a bit tuther side of Llangollen and blue skies out towards Shropshire, clocked up 248 miles today, thanks for braving it you lot, great company , enjoyed the day but will definitely have to have another with the shiny thing present
p.s
Dear weather , buy a bloody watch , the rain was early

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 23/08/2015 20:24  

oh yeah , whats best to get leather dye off your hands lol, mine are rather purplish black

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 23/08/2015 20:28  

Neat fairy liquid rubbed in and then wash off

As discussed...you can't beat a good fairy!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/08/2015 20:31  

Must say thanks to Exup for showing us the way on the welsh roads! Was a pleasure mate, even if I didn't have a clue which way the road went! Lol

Hasta pronto amigos

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 23/08/2015 20:37  

Another thing learned today lol, the first is that a fart in a wet suit travels well Stuie!!!!

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 23/08/2015 20:42  

Pmsl

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/08/2015 21:05  

Great to meet up with you guys today enjoyed while the weather was dry. Sorry didnt stay to chat at Betws y Coed but had to get home n out of my wet gear.

Glad to hear you all enjoyed and yes agree we must do it again in dry weather

Update Reply
newbikerchick @ 23/08/2015 21:31  

Parp Bwahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2015 21:33  

Really sorry guys, i forgot to ensure Stuie had his cork with him !

On the plus side you seem to have enjoyed yourselves immensely even if you did have to cope with Stuie (aka Fart Pants) and getting a tad damp.

Well done to RB and Exup for sorting another excellent Welsh one!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/08/2015 11:54  

I was down South and i knew where Stuie was lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/08/2015 15:25  

I bet ya did Jackie! Lol

Well altogether this weekend I reckon I've done 720 miles on the VFR! Strewth! Didn't realise I'd got that lost in Wales! Lol

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 24/08/2015 16:56  

Glad I did the extra 100 odd miles after it cleared, the wind mostly dried out my kit, hope the weather ain't so schizophrenic next weekend for the 'No Bull, Just Beer and Bikes' Rally. Some serious mileage there A2p, yes GPSB, a Stuie warning would of been appreciated lol

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 24/08/2015 23:46  

Parp sorry,

I think it was just smelly water proofs nothing to do with me. Honest.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2015 08:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email