Lake District

129 Posts | Latest reply on 03/06/2015 14:07:40 by Bebe D-Oie | Go to original / last post
Ian141's Profile
Ian141

In: Huddersfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not great for me the 29th. Heading to Spain on the bike on the 5th June, so likely to have my son that weekend..                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle

Suggestions from a local.
A6 to Penrith from Kendal jcn 36 M6.
Penrith through Pooley bridge to " The Quiet Site' (has it's own bar) at Watermillock on the side of Ullswater. This road leads to Kirkstone Pass . Then Ambleside to wrynose and Hardnott. . Up to Egromont , Cockermouth, then through the Lorton Valley , over Honister pass .Then Keswick and back .to Ullswater.
It's only about 100 and something miles but with stops it'll take 4/5 hours.
P.s. Chaple stile is the wrong side of Kirkstone.                                                                                                                                                                               
XKLYBR's Profile
XKLYBR

In: Bedale

Yes, that's the route.
It doesn't matter much where you are based, cos the start and finish will be the same.
But the eastern side saves a trip on arrival and departure.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

w/e 29th may would be good for me too                                                                                                                                                                              
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton

Just looked at the "quiet site", looks lovely but they want £35 per night. I said lots of rude words, £35 ffs.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

How about this one?
http://www.castlerigg.co.uk/camping/                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Families and couples only it says.
As mentioned earlier Baysbrown campsite is good.                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

Had a look at Baysbrown, it also says no groups larger than 4. Think we are gonna have to pretend we don'tknow each other lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Buttermere then. I've camped there but have stayed in one of the pubs. Good place.
Or Borrowdale. Used to go there as lot years back. Some good sites, and some a bit too basic.
Patterdale is also a good, couple of sites there and a good pub.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bebe D-Oie's Profile
Bebe D-Oie

In: Bolton
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Just thought I'd try and help...
Here's the link to Buttermere (Sykes Farm) - SteveH is this the right one?
http://sykefarmcampsite.co.uk/
Other Info
- £8 per person per night.
- Groups OK.
- Pubs/dining - 2/3 mins walk.
- No fires.
- BBQs allowed.
- Cars/motorbikes are free.
Jx

Bebe D-Oie's Profile
Bebe D-Oie

BTW the prices are the same as those in the site, although it states that they are for 2013 - I called them to check! Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Ian141's Profile
Ian141

In: Huddersfield

Hope you all have a great time, sad I can't make the dates on this occasion! Fingers crossed the weather will hold out for you.. The Sykes Farm site at Buttermere is in a lovely location, sure you'll have a belter!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

Sykes farm looks ok,just a bit of a bugger to get to if you're potentially coming after work on the Friday...                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

@Dustin- I am not going anywhere near somewhere called "Cockermouth" .

Thanks for all your input, should have this on events very shortly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bebe D-Oie's Profile
Bebe D-Oie

Why not Goosey.... you a Scaredie Goose? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate

i seem to rember a campsite at top of wass dale and pub about 2 maby 3 fields away up the road camp site at edge of lake i think but that was long time ago might still be there                                                                                                                                                                             
XKLYBR's Profile
XKLYBR

It is.
But Wast Water is miles from anywhere, at the end of a cul-de-sac.
And well off the recommended route.
Strictly walkers territory.
I did Scafell Pike from there in my early days.
There and back took me 6 hours.
I have never enjoyed a pint more!Beer

Triple955's Profile
Triple955

Didn't we divert to Wastwater last time out?                                                                                                                                                                             
XKLYBR's Profile
XKLYBR

Yes, but not to the very end.
Like I say, it's a cul-de-sac.
Time consuming.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I don't care where anymore, let's just get it sorted :-)
I might even make a long weekend of it cos one days riding is never enough! More is two nights drinking!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2017 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 760 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption