MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Blocking.

Blocking. - Forums [Biker Match] Blocking. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Blocking.

Hi, hoping someone can help. How is it that people who are blocked can still message you? I thought the whole idea of blocking was that they could not message you..... Im asking because in the last fortnight I have had two members message me even though I blocked them ages ago. I rechecked and they are still 'blocked' from me as the system says but were still able to PM me. Wondering if someone can shed light for me? Thankyou very much.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2015 11:53  

Not sure what has happened here, do know that Matt has been upgrading and stuff (to technical for me to be honest) but it has now been bought to his urgent attention

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/01/2015 09:31  

hi BJ I hold my arms in the air I had messaged Lulu,as we had been chatting and being that we are both from Belfast i naturaly thought id been blocked by misteak,(as had happened before)so that's why i tried to keep in touch with Lulu i wasn't sure she was receiving my message,maybe it would be better if someone was to say they don't want to chat anymore i wouldn't have a problem with that,and Lulu can back this up that i never said anything bad to her,so Lulu you have my fullest apologies i wont message you again take care gordy

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 06/01/2015 11:15  

Thanks BJ for that x And Gordy I wasn't referring to you at all when I mentioned a couple of members so no apology from you is necessary, it must have been a long time back when I spoke to you as I barely remember it??!!..... I block people who I haven't spoken to in a while, nothing sinister about it.... and yes I do tell people when I do not wish to PM chat to them.... so I will tell you in open forum ... I do not wish to PM chat to you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2015 16:47  

wow glad we I got that sorted thanks Lulu take care

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 06/01/2015 19:23  

I had the same thing last year, i spoke to a mod about it, the explanation i got i didnt understand n have not had any further clarification since.

However the lowlife in question has since been removed from site - for other reasons i hasten to add!

A block should be a block in my opinion.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/01/2015 00:31  

Agreed GBNP, glad you got it sorted one way or another Thankfully the members haven't messaged me again so I assume it has been sorted... if not , well Im happy to ignore any future ones from them....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2015 01:20  

i,v been blocked by someone, it,s the first time it,s happened to me, can,t remember ever sending them a message so not sure why i should be blocked

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/01/2015 16:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email