MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride around London and take in the sights

Ride around London and take in the sights - Forums [Biker Match] Ride around London and take in the sights - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride around London and take in the sights

Further to popular demand I thought I would organise another ride around London taking in the sights and atmosphere cough cough :-) Due to my love of coffee, it normally involved a number of pit stops. I know it is a long way ahead, bit I was thinking of August 2015. If you are interested please let me know of any places you would like to take in on the ride. Last time we had 13 bikes and although it wasn't easy keeping the pack together, we didn't do too bad. However it would be good if we had at least one other rider with some knowledge of London.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/12/2014 19:37  

This is a ride i would be very interested in doing Dave, never ridden or driven in London before.
The atmosphere bit sounds appealing as being a bus mechanic i don't feel my day has started until i have had my intake of diesel fumes. The promise of frequent stops for liquid refreshment also floats my boat as well.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 09/12/2014 19:59  

I d love to do this have to see what dates you decide on :-)

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 09/12/2014 20:04  

I don't have my rota for next year yet, but should have it before I break up for Christmas and I think I know London well enough to help you out.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 09/12/2014 20:13  

Depending on dates would be interested sat be better then could come down fri eve book travel lodge for the weekend and come home sunday

Update Reply
JP @ 09/12/2014 20:37  

What I did last year, was to get feed back from all interested and found a day that suited the majority. We can do that nearer the time.

It's good to get an early response from you guys a gal :-)

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/12/2014 21:31  

Whoops double post :-)

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/12/2014 21:41  

sounds good to me. i missed last years so hopefully can make this one.

Update Reply
xj @ 09/12/2014 22:31  

Dave if you want anther rider with experiance of riding London so there could be smaller groups or sweepers etc i will put my name down.

Plenty of experiance nearly 20 years as a London motorcycle and cycle courier. Dont always have to ride faster than the wind either ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2014 23:03  

Sounds good to me David. I've driven through the city loads of times and occasionally ridden. I must say that it always seems to be a different animal on Sundays compared to any other day - much easier that is. Or is it just me?

Update Reply
Owd Stokey @ 10/12/2014 00:39  

Me please, depending on dates x

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 10/12/2014 11:19  

Count me in. I would love to do this as part of a trip down south.

Update Reply
Jamesellery @ 10/12/2014 14:04  

It is really good to see the amount of interest and it looks like there are 4 riders with a knowledge of London. If things stay this way the numbers can be increased :-)

This is 8 months away but keep checking this forum for further updates.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/12/2014 19:31  

David as said before a Sunday might be best for thoese folks who Have never experianced the delights London traffic can throw at you...only down side is all the attractions are open on a Saturday and not a Sunday

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/12/2014 21:37  

Stuie
We did it on a Sundsy last year and the traffic was quite bad in places.
Generally all attractions are open on Sundays. But if we want to cover a good selection of sights, it doesn't leave any really time to go in for a look. A lot of the attractions need a day to absorb.
So it is really about getting the feel of London and seeing places on route.
Nearer the time I will give a detailed route and hopefully save it on satnav for sharing with those who have one. Just in case we lose anyone.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/12/2014 22:33  

Could well be up for this one depending on the date, enjoyed the last London trip.

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 11/12/2014 16:24  

It's good to hear that Andy.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 11/12/2014 16:57  

I will come,,,,,,,,, that's another trip up north for me

Update Reply
stutts @ 11/12/2014 18:56  

Nice to see you want to come northish Stutts.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 11/12/2014 19:14  

no stutts this is not next week.

Update Reply
xj @ 11/12/2014 22:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email