Scotland week 2015, a BM special.

127 Posts | Latest reply on 02/08/2015 20:57:25 by XKLYBR | Go to original / last post
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

steves origional message that ive pinched....: 1. Camp at Fort Augustus again for a week. Or somewhere else if we want a bit of variety, but I do like fort Gus. 2. Bit of a tour, couple of nights at Fort Gus, couple of nights Ullapool and something else, possibly Skye or the Cairngorms. Could do Glencoe on the way back, the Clachaig of course, for those that want the midge experience. The plan would be to pick places with campsites, hotels and b&b's to suite all pockets. 3. Book a house for a week. This would take the most planning and I would want money up front which might be a problem for some people. What are your thoughts?

dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

i am going to spend this weekend looking a affordable b & b, i would like to explore more an this might be my last scotland tour for a cupla years as im planning to move over the border.....however dont really want to do it by myself, so any company will be good. also need to start bookin places early most places dont take any money at this point just a name and contact number:)

XKLYBR's Profile
XKLYBR

In: Bedale

Starting at Fort Augustus, then camping at various locations up the northwest coast, with maybe the odd b&b thrown in if the weather turns shite. As far as Tongue on the north coast, then more or less due south, back to Fort Augustus for the final piss-up.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

It worked pretty well last year with people coming and going so I decided to leave at that and forget the house idea. Too much hassle trying to organise people!

I'm quite keen on getting a day or two on Skye, ditto Ullapool and back to FA at the end of the week.
But that might change lol.

I mainly wanted to get the week on the calendar so people can plan their holidays.
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Too right Steve, it did work well last year with peeps coming and going to suit themselves.
Thanks for putting this up, hope the weather delivers as it did last year.                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

You're in charge of that Izzy :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
XKLYBR's Profile
XKLYBR

Putting a woman in charge of summat!
Have you taken leave of your senses, man?

*goes back to hibernating, wiv a malt*                                                                                                                                                                             
Jamesellery's Profile
Jamesellery

In: Newcastle

I'm up that way the week before 5-12/07/15 any chances you could pull it forward a week?                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle

Go on James, a fortnight sounds great.                                                                                                                                                                              
Jamesellery's Profile
Jamesellery

Can't stretch to a fortnight unfortunately, still working for the man and the man says only 1 week this summer!                                                                                                                                                                             
XKLYBR's Profile
XKLYBR

So, just slot yrself in, whereever, no doubt we will enjoy at some point!                                                                                                                                                                              
Jamesellery's Profile
Jamesellery

Will have to see how things pan out. I'm in Fort William the 6-7/07 but if anyone is about I will tag along.                                                                                                                                                                              
Adventurer75's Profile
Adventurer75

In: Leven

Hi, So is Fort Augustus set in stone now? How busy was the campsite last year, is there a need to book your pitch in advance?

Anyone up for a run over the bealach to applecross, one of my fav roads!                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

yu cud always break down, james, takes a gud cupla days if not 3 to get down from the highlandsWink                                                                                                                                                                             
XKLYBR's Profile
XKLYBR

Oi!
U watch your step, dizzy!

I think Fort Augustus is a starting point and an end point.
Otherwise, stay or go as you please.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Hi Adventurer75 and welcome. Handshake
Steve'll not be long in getting it on the calendar so do keep checking there.
No need to pre-book camping, Steve does a sterling jobs of liaising with the site over numbers to expect but it wasn't busy last year.

Sure we can be persuaded up to Applecross without too much effort. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle

So far all the rideouts have been pretty spectacular. A two day b&b run is always a possibility for those peeps that want to .                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Ad75, no need to book for camping, just put your name down and I let them know how many to expect.
And you be able to put your name down as soon as someone in BM authorises it. Hint hint!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

And one day, sometime soon, one of the moderators will actually get it on the events page!!!
Not that I'm impatient or anything :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Submit it again Steve?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2017 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 867 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption