MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Kiss 2015

Kiss 2015 (12) - Forums [Biker Match] Kiss 2015 (12) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Kiss 2015

Our secret then Gordy. My lips are sealed.
Will you coming up from Spain or across from Belfast at that time of year?
I can find Wensleydale to have with the cake en route, and other cheeses to go with crackers if you're not travelling through la belle France.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 03/01/2015 20:03  

Yay Gordy is coming now. Be great to meet ya in person. You'll have a blast meeting us all here.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/01/2015 22:21  

GR you don't know how much im looking forward to meeting you all,so many good friends on here,i will be coming via spain, france, southern Ireland, northern Ireland, bony Scotland and to squires, and then I look at the cheese and its off, sugar

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 04/01/2015 00:16  

Is this nutter really doing the route on a moped whilst towing a caravan?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2015 10:45  

Gordy sounds like you got it all worked out then, plenty of opportunities to savour the culture and its delights of beverages and food. Safe journey

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2015 10:53  

KISS 5 - 11th to 13th September 2015
Squires Cafe Bar, Newthorpe Lane, Newthorpe, South Milford, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 5LX.
Email Address: info@squires-cafe.co.uk Telephone: 01977 684618
First opened in 1954, Squires Bradburys Milk Bar was located in a small town of Sherburn-in-Elmet, North Yorkshire. It was during this time that the café became firmly established as a biker’s café.

First opened in 1954, Squires Bradburys Milk Bar was located in a small town of Sherburn-in-Elmet, North Yorkshire. It was during this time that the café became firmly established as a biker’s café.

The Squires Café became more and more popular over the years with biker’s travelling to the café from all over Yorkshire, the North of England and all parts of the UK, traditionally meeting on a Wednesday evening. For many years a Wednesday night in Sherburn became an awesome site, with bikers descending on the small town, motorbikes of all makes and sizes as far as the eye could see, with Squires Milk Bar at the centre.

By 1961 Harry Weston, a young apprentice butcher in his family business, was a keen biker and a regular at Squires, where he met with friends and listened to the Juke Box in the corner churning out rock and roll. It was during 1972 that Squires Bradbury and his wife, after nearly 20 years at the café, decided to sell their business and retire. Harry Weston, by this time, had a butchers shop in Pontefract. When Harry (now married to his wife Sue), saw the for sale sign above Squires they became interested in buying the business. It was in 1974 that Harry and Sue purchased the Squires Café Bar. With the ever increasing popularity of the café it was in 2002 that the present Newthorpe site just a few miles down the road from Sherburn was bought. This reduced congestion for bikers and allowed the good residents of Sherburn to have their town back.

The Weston’s say they have had some wonderful memories of the old days and the first Squires Milk Bar Café in Sherburn Town. The move in 2002 did not put off any of the old customers, who quickly adapted to the new venue, and the customer base in fact is still growing in numbers, thanks mainly to good publicity and bikers spreading the word. It was at this time that Harry and Sue were fully joined by their son Jason who helped with the workload.

The busiest days of the week are now on Wednesday and at the Weekend.

The café accommodates regular motorcycle and motorcar club meetings during the year, along with many other events including: charity runs, fund raisers, best bike by InText" id="_GPLITA_0" href="http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13384&page=16#">competitions, shows and live concerts. They also cater for many weddings and parties, which are held in the large function room and bar area. This room, which can hold up to 400 people, can be booked in advance for private functions.

In March 2007, Squires Café Bar was purchased by the Bowness Family which comes from a farming background. Harry and Sue havesince retired but remain regulars at the café.

Recent events held at the Café have included shows by famous sixties bands, the Tremeloes and the Merseybeats, seventies band T-Rex, and the well known Rock Anthems (who regularly appear at the TT racing in the Isle of Man). The Yorkshire Rock and Bike Show is held each year and is a popular event in the Squires Café Bar calendar.

Squires Café Bar with its camping facilities (tents and touring caravans) makes an ideal touring base for the by InText" id="_GPLITA_1" href="http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13384&page=16#">beautiful Yorkshire Countryside.

In order to accommodate the large numbers of customers, outside catering facilities are provided which speed up the service along with an improved layout inside so that customers don’t have to wait long for their food and drink. Squires Café Bar is especially famous for its pasties and milky coffee and some customers, Harry included, are impressed that they can arrive by helicopter.

The Bowness family are dedicated to allowing the history of Squires Café Bar “Milk Bar” to by InText" id="_GPLITA_2" href="http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13384&page=16#">continue, and seek to provide a friendly and accommodating environment for the bikers who travel from far and wide, and also for the local residents of Sherburn in Elmet and the surrounding areas.

Update Reply
JP @ 04/01/2015 14:51  

xk it tows ok struggles a bit on a hill tho

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 04/01/2015 19:49  

Must be fun going downhill...

ps the guinness at Squires comes in tins ffs!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2015 20:02  

that is a problem don't do tins of stout,
mmmm thinking again
just have to drink lemonade

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 04/01/2015 20:19  

Aye but the scotch comes in bottles XK guinness is terrible that awful sugary milarky
Just as well we all given up for new year lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2015 07:02  

GR I could force a scotch down lol

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 05/01/2015 11:27  

Gordy trust me sal will hav u trying every concoction known and unknown to man....still remember her persuading me that guiness when doing a fab beyond roadkill impression would sort me out... Never ever again urgh ??

Update Reply
mizzi @ 06/01/2015 12:20  

Sweetie Mizzi mi dear one was nursing you better you see lol I wasn't the one pouring voddy down ones neck the night before..........you see id of done mista Sambuca moi signature tipple lol x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2015 20:57  

KISS 5 - 11th to 13th September 2015
Squires Cafe Bar, Newthorpe Lane, Newthorpe, South Milford, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 5LX.
Email Address: info@squires-cafe.co.uk Telephone: 01977 684618

The Squires Café became more and more popular over the years with biker’s travelling to the café from all over Yorkshire, the North of England and all parts of the UK, traditionally meeting on a Wednesday evening. For many years a Wednesday night in Sherburn became an awesome site, with bikers descending on the small town, motorbikes of all makes and sizes as far as the eye could see, with Squires Milk Bar at the centre.

By 1961 Harry Weston, a young apprentice butcher in his family business, was a keen biker and a regular at Squires, where he met with friends and listened to the Juke Box in the corner churning out rock and roll. It was during 1972 that Squires Bradbury and his wife, after nearly 20 years at the café, decided to sell their business and retire. Harry Weston, by this time, had a butchers shop in Pontefract. When Harry (now married to his wife Sue), saw the for sale sign above Squires they became interested in buying the business. It was in 1974 that Harry and Sue purchased the Squires Café Bar. With the ever increasing popularity of the café it was in 2002 that the present Newthorpe site just a few miles down the road from Sherburn was bought. This reduced congestion for bikers and allowed the good residents of Sherburn to have their town back.

The Weston’s say they have had some wonderful memories of the old days and the first Squires Milk Bar Café in Sherburn Town. The move in 2002 did not put off any of the old customers, who quickly adapted to the new venue, and the customer base in fact is still growing in numbers, thanks mainly to good publicity and bikers spreading the word. It was at this time that Harry and Sue were fully joined by their son Jason who helped with the workload.

The busiest days of the week are now on Wednesday and at the Weekend.

The café accommodates regular motorcycle and motorcar club meetings during the year, along with many other events including: charity runs, fund raisers, best bike by InText" id="_GPLITA_0" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13384&page=16#">competitions, shows and live concerts. They also cater for many weddings and parties, which are held in the large function room and bar area. This room, which can hold up to 400 people, can be booked in advance for private functions.

In March 2007, Squires Café Bar was purchased by the Bowness Family which comes from a farming background. Harry and Sue havesince retired but remain regulars at the café.

Recent events held at the Café have included shows by famous sixties bands, the Tremeloes and the Merseybeats, seventies band T-Rex, and the well known Rock Anthems (who regularly appear at the TT racing in the Isle of Man). The Yorkshire Rock and Bike Show is held each year and is a popular event in the Squires Café Bar calendar.

Squires Café Bar with its camping facilities (tents and touring caravans) makes an ideal touring base for the by InText" id="_GPLITA_1" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13384&page=16#">beautiful Yorkshire Countryside.

In order to accommodate the large numbers of customers, outside catering facilities are provided which speed up the service along with an improved layout inside so that customers don’t have to wait long for their food and drink. Squires Café Bar is especially famous for its pasties and milky coffee and some customers, Harry included, are impressed that they can arrive by helicopter.

The Bowness family are dedicated to allowing the history of Squires Café Bar “Milk Bar” to by InText" id="_GPLITA_2" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13384&page=16#">continue, and seek to provide a friendly and accommodating environment for the bikers who travel from far and wide, and also for the local residents of Sherburn in Elmet and the surrounding areas.

Update Reply
JP @ 08/01/2015 17:22  

I have a major worry.
As this is a bit far north for some, I cannot count on a good turnout.
So, I can only afford to book one band initially.
However, if I get loadsa peeps paying quickly, I can book another band.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2015 21:38  

Welcome to our world we had 3 years for being in that position last year I personally was responsible for just under a 1800.00 bill . But don't worry it all comes together in the end

Update Reply
JP @ 09/01/2015 06:23  

XK just get john to bring his guitar and we'll hav a fab time lol

GR erm i was drinking vodka??? Erm no wonder i was ruff as rats but u hav to admit i was rather entertaining ??

Update Reply
mizzi @ 09/01/2015 09:22  

Any more details on this yet XK ??

Update Reply
JP @ 14/01/2015 17:59  

North??? It's 200 miles from Southampton but 340 miles to John O'Groats. Lol
The band isn't the Brighouse and Rastrick isit? Coz that will scare off more than the South Englanders. Chin up and chop chop , summer's on the way

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/01/2015 18:45  

U think Southerners will know where Brighouse is?

Still waiting for responses re costs b 4 I can enter on Events.

Note - KISS 4 was only put on Events with 6 months notice.

KISS 5
Squires
Sept 11 - 13

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2015 19:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email