MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Drivel posts and Karma 'hacking'

Drivel posts and Karma 'hacking' - Forums [Biker Match] Drivel posts and Karma 'hacking' - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Drivel posts and Karma 'hacking'

Hi all

it's come to my attention that a small number of people are spamming the site with junk forum posts in order to increase their Karma rating.

Not only does this look bad on the site and puts new members off joining in, but it also causes less trust in the Karma system.

The Karma rating isn't supposed to be a game, or a "who is better than who" system. It's designed as a way for members, particularly new ladies on the site, to see who is a long-term and active (normally trustworthy) member of the site. Or rather - who is new to the site and has no activity at all, who may be worth avoiding any one-to-one meet ups with.

If people continue to post junk and drivel all over the forums, they will be suspended (starting today already!!). The number 1 complaint in my inbox right now is the amount of junk being posted by less than a dozen people.

Thanks for understanding. Here's to getting the forums back on track, active, entertaining and fun for EVERYONE!

Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2014 11:32  

FYI - Short, useless forum posts like "LOL" and "HAHA" will now REDUCE your Karma value.
Long, decent articles posted in the News forum will be worth 10x more Karma than before.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/08/2014 11:33  

well done and thank you for clearing up some of the issues people have had new and old deserve to be able to use the site as it should be and make it a great place to be

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2014 12:25  

Thanks for explaining the Karma, I actually didn't know what it was?
Well I'm here, any chance we can have the chat log off button moved, people, like myself keep dropping out of chat because we hit the wrong button, or our iPads, phones etc think we have! TY

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 16:50  

See perfect example, wrote While and iPad changed it to well......
Has a mind of its own! Now to see if I can press post message and not hit clear form!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 16:52  

Penny it may be better to send am email to Matt to bring this to his attention :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/08/2014 00:00  

mine also does that on laptop ipad and especially phone but I think its because mine is on predictive text or something but have had trouble in and out of chat room for past 3 days think I need to do that upgrade thing I was reading about but don't know how

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2014 12:35  

Several members have been removed from BM for deliberate mis-use of the site and its amenities and for their disrespect to staff and other members alike.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/08/2014 14:03  

Thank you Boss Man, I for one am glad that there will be less issues for us to deal with and the site can return to being its daft happy useful self :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/08/2014 14:14  

I concur with BJ, trolls and halfwits have twitter to play on.

Update Reply
Double six @ 22/08/2014 14:29  

That is all !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2014 16:09  

Thanks Matt

Update Reply
JP @ 22/08/2014 17:08  

Oops, sorry!

Wrong post.

Meant for my little cheerleader chaps to go in the happy thread!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2014 17:45  

mmm i think thy look very nice were thay are pb

Update Reply
kaycat @ 22/08/2014 21:24  

Yeah - jolly little souls are they not!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2014 21:49  

Happy little faces PB:-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/08/2014 22:37  

Bumped for Matt

Hi all

it's come to my attention that a small number of people are spamming the site with junk forum posts in order to increase their Karma rating.

Not only does this look bad on the site and puts new members off joining in, but it also causes less trust in the Karma system.

The Karma rating isn't supposed to be a game, or a "who is better than who" system. It's designed as a way for members, particularly new ladies on the site, to see who is a long-term and active (normally trustworthy) member of the site. Or rather - who is new to the site and has no activity at all, who may be worth avoiding any one-to-one meet ups with.

If people continue to post junk and drivel all over the forums, they will be suspended (starting today already!!). The number 1 complaint in my inbox right now is the amount of junk being posted by less than a dozen people.
Short, useless forum posts like "LOL" and "HAHA" will now REDUCE your Karma value.
Long, decent articles posted in the News forum will be worth 10x more Karma than before.

Thanks for understanding. Here's to getting the forums back on track, active, entertaining and fun for EVERYONE!

Several members have been removed from BM for deliberate mis-use of the site and its amenities and for their disrespect to staff and other members alike.

Matt

Update Reply
JP @ 23/08/2014 08:43  

LOL

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 27/08/2014 21:21  

Couldn't help it,
Soz

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 27/08/2014 21:22  

oh pleasssse we call them spam trolls on my site (secret) and yes they pain in the jacksee

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2014 04:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email