MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Always online !!

Always online !! - Forums [Biker Match] Always online !! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Always online !!

Why does the site say I'm online when I have signed out. People checking in, on who's online, must think I spend my life on here ??

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 14/07/2014 10:27  

I get that occasionally too, but i thought it may be because that i have been signed in on lappy and on mobile, but forgot to log out on one or the other.

Basically the answer is ... Dunno!

Perhaps someone will have a fantabulous answer?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/07/2014 22:30  

Do you mean by way of the Whose Online, if so it shows recent activity, so if you have been on recently you can still appear for a little while afterwards. That's how I understand it anyhow

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/07/2014 07:25  

Does it matter?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2014 09:23  

Usually happens if you log on via mobile phone :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/07/2014 09:28  

would be good to have times on so we can see if folk are still in chat room or not

Update Reply
havfun @ 15/07/2014 09:35  

Seems OK at the moment Now I can't change the Text colour

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 17/07/2014 13:14  

I see that I am still on line. Does it matter ? Well it matters to me! My profile is truthful, upfront with, up to date pics that are only taken 48 hours ago. Just innocently looking for Mates Male or Female to ride out with or meet up with. Last thing I want is for people to get on here and see that I am on here 24 hours a day. Thinking I am scratching round the Internet looking for a younger "Bird to Pull" yes it Matters.

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 17/07/2014 17:23  

Yes, I agree, it matters. My friend is in the first throes of a relationship on here, and the other night, hearing a beep on her 'phone, she looked to see the new potential partner was still online at ten to one!! He'd told her he was tired and going to sleep two hours earlier??? Now what does she think?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2014 20:23  

So, everyone else who uses the site and doesn't give a hoot about how long they look as if they are online are being untruthful?
All I can say is mountains and molehills.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2014 00:55  

as stated at the beginning of the thread, if its to do with the Whose on Line. You do appear for some time after you have logged out. I have also tested this yesterday to make sure and I was showing a good six hours after I had logged out.

If you want to see if a particular person is online properly, add that person to your favourites and you can check in there should you so wish

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 18/07/2014 07:26  

I have been on this site for over 5 years and this is the first time anybody has had such an issue with this.
In the grand scheme of things i dont think its a major issue but if you do have strong feelings about it then send Matt an email and hopefully he can eplain better as to how to get round it.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/07/2014 09:32  

And all I can say is "Twisting Words"

Update Reply
Whatsisname? @ 18/07/2014 09:40  

No-one is twisting words, you are just being pedantic about something no-one else cares about!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2014 10:30  

Now now no point getting a row started over some thing like this. If your on you use a mobile at times you may have been logged on by your phone automaiticly same as my phone does, its not the end of the world. If you distrust your new partner that much its never going to work anyway.

Update Reply
JP @ 18/07/2014 11:53  

Not my intention to start a row, I just fail to see why someone feels it is necessary to try and change the site after bieng a member for 5 mins.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2014 12:37  

it was a question asked and hopefully answered (or not!), new members ask questions, I did when I started on here 2 years ago
Not wanting to get involved in row or anything, but we were all newbies once. Its not been brought up before is all and that is regardless of whether anyone cares or not. Come on guys (and girls) its just too nice out there to be all riled up about this.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 18/07/2014 13:06  

Rowan, I too asked questions when I joined the site just under 2 yrs ago, but they were relevant and pertinant to various subjects like conduct. Most new members dont bother posting in the forums or even visit the chatroom, the few that do are made most welcome, as you know, but pedants who dont like aspects of the site and start off by moaning and wanting things changed to suit them are, to say the least, irritating. The member who raised this topic states he isn't here to find a partner or a relationship, he states he doesn't want to appear to be constantly trawling the web for any other reason than to meet riding buddies. Well that having been said, if he only spends ten minutes online everyday, and his profile disappears as soon as he logs out, he wont be lucky in his quest. I will say nothing more on this topic, I obviously upset people who dont subscribe to the same ideas as myself. I hope this thread runs a long time, perpetuated by others with their own thoughts on the subject.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2014 14:42  

I say old bean any chance you could stop using big words in the threads I cant keep up don't you know

Update Reply
JP @ 18/07/2014 16:32  

I do appologise JP, my expansive forthrightedness is reproachable, and I will endevour to converse in a more apporpriate and convivial fashion. But in my defense, I was experiencing an emotive response to a subject which invariably reduces me to apoplectic incandesence, bought on by the managerial failure of myself to control and self censor manifest intolerance.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2014 19:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email