MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

autumn camp

autumn camp  (7) - Forums [Biker Match] autumn camp  (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

autumn camp

Shit happens, and removal of names from the attendance list is helpful and appreciated.
Does it matter?
Well, the landlord expected about 20 peeps.
He only has a very small camping field, and this was reserved for us. Any others were turned away.
He laid on extra supplies and staff.
And was a bit miffed when only 7 showed up.
There are still 9 peeps who claim to have attended when they didn't. Shame on them.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2014 12:25  

You know it always happens XK so I don't understand why you get so up set over it . I can look down the list for the Hallowistmas party and pick out the ones that will not be there and take that into the numbers

Update Reply
JP @ 07/10/2014 12:32  

My sympathies ly with the landlord.

To not remove yourself is bad manners and inconsiderate.

Should you pick out too many at the Hallowistmas party, what will you do if the limit is exceeded?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2014 12:41  

Much as I hate to agree with XK,I do.
Sometimes events overtake events but it is only fair to remove yourself as soon as you know, you can always add yourself later.
My gripe is that if I organised something I worry about the non attendees. Is it just a can't be arsed or are they broken down or stuck in a hedge somewhere?
And I agree with JP's comment too. There are some characters that regularly put themselves down but never turn up.

Having said all of that we did see off one of the barrels of Black Sheep so we didn't do too bad :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 07/10/2014 19:01  

on the flip side there are those of us who put our name down and then genuinly cant make it due to work,money or other genuine reasons.im not saying some do but i feel that some dont and we dont all know the reasons why some dont attend as some people may not be like others who enjoy airing there dirty laundry,probelms etc in public.i took my name off as soon as i knew me and russ couldnt get there as ive taken my name of the hallowistmas do as we will be elsewhere that weekend.its not nice to tar all with the same brush guys

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 07/10/2014 20:34  

Change what you cannot accept,
Accept what you cannot change,
But know the difference.
We all have our own behaviours.
Respect your bredren/sistren.

Share the love
Happiness is the truth

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 07/10/2014 23:37  

I'm not tarring all, just those who don't take their names off.

Additionally, anyone checking out their profiles will see a list of events they claim to have attended. This gives a false impression, and may lead to incorrect conclusions being drawn.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2014 12:29  

Dont think XK taring all with same brush....Its simples if ya cant go take ya name off straight away and no one is obliged to say why they arent going and lets face it dirty washing is soooooooo boring.
If some one is unfortunate to either breakdown or such on their way then maybe they could try and let the organisers know and maybe they could be helped out getting to the venue or assist in another way Shame that peeps were inconsiderate XK with reference to the Landlord accomodating a larger turn out. I hope this wont have an effect on future rallys there

Update Reply
Ninja Lou @ 08/10/2014 13:29  

dont put my name down as im unsure till last minite if i can make it
due to the stupid work practice of people forgeting to order a little item such as the crane and they panic
the boss doesnt turn anything down
then you get the majic phone call

Update Reply
havfun @ 08/10/2014 15:15  

hey guys have just read the post to catch up.yes it was disappointing that more people didn't turn up but we had a great weekend with a great ride out. I would like to thank those that managed to get there and to thank deb for suggesting the moth and lantern, its a great venue with good food and beer. it was great to a couple of newbies James and Eddie glad you could make it. on the issue of people not turning up or taking names off, being someone who has both work and family issues I know its not always the first thing you think of when you cant make it. it would be nice if people did but don't worry this to death as its not worth it there are more important things in life hope to see you all the next time I can make it to an event and hope to have the usual fun and enjoyment that normally ensues see you all soon Jaffa

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 09/10/2014 23:33  

hope to see you soon jaffa glad you enjoyed the venue me and russ loved it when we went roll on next time take care mate x

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 10/10/2014 05:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email