MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

issues with password

issues with password - Forums [Biker Match] issues with password - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

issues with password

Tried to log on this morning only to find my password would not work. Not sure why as I hadnt changed (have now) it.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/04/2014 07:34  

Does this quite often to me, have to change it and change it back to something I can remember

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 15/04/2014 08:41  

Matt/Mods is this something that needs to be looked into?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/04/2014 08:51  

As quite a lot of folk leave there computers/phones logged in all the time, the system is set up that every now and again (not sure of the actual timescale) it will ask you to re input both your user name and password as a check.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/04/2014 11:32  

Hi BJ. Nope didn't get asked that. Turned on puter this morning and tried logging in and it didn't want to accept my password. Had to ask for a password reset.

as an aside....leaving puter on and logged in all the time!!!!!...just asking for trouble imho. Security, security, security. In this day and age, no one should be leaving themselves logged in to anything on a permanent basis (nor should anyone be using the "remember the password" option either).

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/04/2014 12:20  

Hi BJ, not the same issue. Just won't accept the password and have to reset it, get a new one and change it back once I've logged in. On the odd occasion it won't accept the new password and you go through the whole process again. All despite being logged out and closing the page just to make sure.

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 15/04/2014 12:23  

Oh right sorry I got the wrong end of the stick

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/04/2014 12:30  

No worries, next time it happens I'll try clearing temporary internet files and the cache see if that helps but I doubt it.

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 15/04/2014 12:35  

Oh that sounds painful and technical....I don't do technical

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/04/2014 12:44  

Product of a mis-spent HNC in Computer Networking BTW you're right about not leaving yourself logged in all the time

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 15/04/2014 12:58  

Sorry just seen this guys. I can tell you that the login system, password reset system etc haven't changed in years. The only way your password wouldn't be accepted is if someone had changed it.
Also, the password reset MUST work... because the email with your new password in will not be sent until the website has successfully reset your password (I know because I programmed it).
I do always advise - do NOT copy/paste your password from the password-reset email because it will often take the spaces before/after the password and make you believe the password doesn't work. Type it in manually and it MUST work

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/04/2014 09:57  

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. I definitely didn't paste password, always type it in manually. That is what puzzled me. I don't leave myself logged in, never tick remember password either.

I know the system periodically asks you to reconfirm your login, but this was definitely an issue with not accepting my password at all.

Seems OK now though since changing password

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 29/04/2014 20:37  

RB i had the same problem about five mins ago had to reset twice before it was accepted.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 30/04/2014 16:52  

Ask Dave.....

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 20/05/2014 21:27  

Don't use Dave as your password, not strong enough :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/05/2014 21:30  

Try " Daveisthedogsdanglies"

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 20/05/2014 21:32  

or 'Davethecardboardbox123456789'

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/05/2014 21:35  

Or "where theresadavetheresaway"

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 20/05/2014 21:36  

Davehtecardboardbox? is that Kevin Turvey's mate by any chance? if it is I know him well, but sadly, haven't seen him in quite a while.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2014 15:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email