MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

northern ish xmas meal

northern ish  xmas meal - Forums [Biker Match] northern ish  xmas meal - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

northern ish xmas meal

ok guys i know its still 111 days to xmas but are we going to have another chrimble lunch meet up again with a secret santa fingy like last year??????and are we going to have it a squires or does anyone have any other ideas for where we can all meet for lunch etc????? ideas pleeeeease

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 04/09/2013 05:54  

Well unless we can get a fixed booking in that area probably be squires again as it's easy to find

Update Reply
JP @ 04/09/2013 09:42  

i was thinkin same hun just thought id give the option lol but squires good for me :)

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 04/09/2013 12:10  

Oh joy! Squires ... !! I know its easy to find and everyone knows the place but let's be honest it is getting to be more and more of a dive everytime ya go. I wonder about the kitchens ...?!?!?!! Espesh when you look around the rest of the place. Sorry to put a downer on the proceedings ... can't really suggest anywhere else that would put up with a bunch of bikers! Will have a think about it over the next few days ... how many roughly did you have last year ? and when you thinking of holding it?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/09/2013 12:52  

I know of a place petrolheads café north wales flint 200 bikers there two week ago

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/09/2013 13:34  

. . aye but I went there the other week at five o clock on a Sunday, and it was shut!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/09/2013 13:50  

must know ya bad-to-the-bone hehehe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/09/2013 14:25  

well we need suggestions in the area around north yorkshire ish so its sort of central.problem is at that time of year depending on weather us lot who ride bikes all year and dont have a car wont be able to make it to far afield

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 04/09/2013 19:48  

there is that pub Sheffield side of the Woodhead pass been up there in the deeps of winter on the bike had to they shut the road in bad weather only way is by bike sometimes hehehe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2013 03:27  

Thats not too far from The Very Tall Cool One's house ..

Explain what you looking for, is it lunch or evening? Christmas dinner? Roughly how many (last years numbers will do as a guestimate) covering what area? Its it yorkshire only ... ? (Ie north, douth, west, east riding)
I will come up with sensible suggestions promise x

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/09/2013 07:15  

GBNP Don't stretch yourself to much you have enough to deal with as it is hun

Update Reply
JP @ 05/09/2013 09:00  

Manor Bikers Cafe

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/09/2013 10:56  

Great little cafe, but nb 'little'

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2013 12:30  

@Brummie-J ... Manor was mentioned last nite at Squires ... gonna check it out at some stage soon! @JP ... I dont mind it gets me out and keeps me occupied ... I'm Ok thanks for thinking about me L x

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/09/2013 13:19  

Ok, don't laugh at me if this is a silly suggestion -

http://www.eatatthehub.co.uk/

I went there for lunch when on a job. The food was scrummy :)
As its in the office unit at cardale park there's plenty of parking. Just not sure what it will be like if there's snow though...:/
But they do open up for occasions - not sure what they'd charge?
Might be worth checking out if you're that way for lunch? If I get a job that way ill have a chat with them about crimbo time an that...

Or what about The Sun Inn or something? Racking my little tiny brain for suggestions.....

Update Reply
MjN @ 06/09/2013 15:37  

Ok....probably a silly suggestion! Lol

Update Reply
MjN @ 06/09/2013 15:38  

Mjn, i thought about sun inn but if weather is bad it will be horrific to get to .. but then again....

Will check out both, probably next week.

No one has come forward with any info as to roughly how many attended last year or owt. Any info would help, so i know ehst size venue looking at roughly. Thanx

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/09/2013 22:36  

there was about 45 of us burd and we just had either the xmas dinner or summat off menu

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 07/09/2013 08:13  

Cat and Fiddle, just been refurbished, biker friendly, ignore the cameras.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 07/09/2013 10:06  

Hartside cafe, proper Northern venue, A686 second best road in the country.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 07/09/2013 10:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email