MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

rich text?

rich text? - Forums [Biker Match] rich text? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

rich text?

hi,

after a short sabbatical,
returning here, when I type messages to folk, I`m getting a "your using standard message box" and your
"not rich text enabled" message,
am I doing something wrong, or is it a setting issue?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 09/04/2013 20:05  

eyup Yeti - is this from your phone or your laptop/pc? If your phone then don't worry about it - the site's not set up for mobiles, so it just means you can't use emoticons. If it's from your laptop/pc - what browser are you using?I had a problem the other week as my laptop decided to donwload IE10 for me!!(jee thanks!!) & it b*lloxed a load of stuff up, including this site - giving out the message you mentioned & nothing I could do would get rid of it! So ended up removing ie10 & going back to IE9!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/04/2013 20:21  

Hi H/F/ GIRL,

Its the old PC,
(When I try from my mobile- iphone- it will not let me log on HA HA )(no prob on any other normal web type site)

IE10?
IE9? opps, I`m old you know :-)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 09/04/2013 20:29  

Opps, two,

Sorry, very rude of me,
thank you!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 09/04/2013 20:30  

as long as you are using a standard web browser AND HAVE JAVASCRIPT ENABLED it will work.

Very important though the last bit... you can have the most modern browser etc, but if you turn up security (turning features off like javascript etc) then things will stop working.

BM works fine for me on Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer (7,8,9,10).

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/05/2013 13:09  

HELP, AU SECURE.
java text enabled, I E 7 browser, Norton 360,
richtext not enabled ,
any ideas??
Dusty x
p.s. I am a total techno numpty , so v simple language please.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 23/07/2013 13:41  

I have always had a problem on BM and if I post or comment I have to clear form first, it wont take my typing unless I do.

Update Reply
bic chick @ 23/07/2013 16:01  

I was getting this problem after a Microsoft update. So being a complete computer dumbcluck , I asked at PC World, in laymans terms I was told " look in the box where the web address is (top left corner) and you will see what looks like a sheet of paper with a tear in it, make sure it's not grey in colour". When I clicked on it, it changed to blue and bless my soul it worked , no more "not rich text enabled" message . Hope this helps.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 23/07/2013 21:01  

Thank you Dave VM.....I had that message for ages and just up with it. All sorted now

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 23/07/2013 21:28  

My pleasure bandit lover pleased I was able to help . I'm still a computer dumbcluck though .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 23/07/2013 23:37  

Yay cheers Dave vm it's just sorted mine out too, so your not alone on been a none techno warrior lol :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2013 10:06  

@ DAVE BM , well bugger me . that's absolutely spot on .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 24/07/2013 11:18  

Thanks Dave im sorted now too..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2013 11:45  

I'm no help sorry lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/07/2013 12:43  

I was gettin' all excited here, 'cos my phone always gives me that message . . . but, alas, I cannae see that icon that the nice kind man pointed out . . . (it's on the computer at home and works fine) . . ah well

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/07/2013 20:42  

hey Dave your my hero, i'v had it for years but sorted now, thanks

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/07/2013 23:08  

Blimey I've never been called a hero before , i'm gonna have to lay down in a darkened room to get over the shock now . Glad I've been able to help .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 30/07/2013 17:57  

Bringing this up for Steve401 and others who are having trouble with rich text

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/08/2013 08:33  

(thanks Sandi) have just seen this "re appear" hurrah, and thanks Dave VM, solved ;-) and that's about the standard of technical help I`m able to utilise! now, problem 2. I am unable to access BM from my phone, (iphone , early one whatever the number is! 4?) even though I can access every other site, FB ebay and such. I put in all the same account details!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 09/09/2013 22:06  

> I am unable to access BM from my phone

Yes, someone else just mentioned that elsewhere too.

It's a bit of a blocker in this day and again as not just phones but tablet/pads run on it too; and more and more people are using them to access the internet.

It's handy to have access via phone.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2013 01:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email