MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

what are the pro's and cons of living in a caravan?

what are the pro's and cons of living in a caravan? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] what are the pro's and cons of living in a caravan? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

what are the pro's and cons of living in a caravan?

I can see the reasons behind a caravan, I just prefer to live in the slow lane..!! and also to have a lot more metal around me. lol, the old boat was built in 1936, so I reckon it'll out live me..
I have a shed on a farm for aditional storage etc, although a bit of land would be nice I like to keep on the move and I can't see the point in having a boat or caravan and then staying in one place, except maybe in the winter when fuel, water etc are more necessary.

Update Reply
Greynomad @ 09/04/2012 20:23  

just seen this posted on fb https://www.facebook.com/</SP...CT FONT <> might be of interest?

Update Reply
nondomesticgoddess @ 10/04/2012 13:38  

Graynomad looked at the boat on your profile looks very good, but one problem....where does the bike go?....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2012 00:47  

Been living in caravan since August 2012 on a large liesure complex in Surrey ideal for work in London and surrrounding areas, rents a bit high 400 a month plus electric on a card bout a a tenner for 2-3 weeks. The only other cost I have is bottled gas.
The only snag I can see is not having a permenent address for such things as vehicle insurance, tax and other stuff sent in the post. Used to stay on camping and caravan club sites but maximum stay is 28 days then have to pull off for 24 hours. Only problem I had last winter was the pipes froze when I left it for a couple of weeks. Best of luck with what ever you decide.

Update Reply
SPRINT56 @ 03/07/2012 22:42  

I adore caravans... i sure could give my home up and live in one...permanantly... so very cosy and easy to run... warm and toasty in winter too ...x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2012 22:49  

I,ve lived on and off my narrow boat for the last 6 years and in a caravan before that, Bike storage is the problem or should i say safe bike storage . Theft from boats and caravans is a huge problem especially if your not in a marina/caravan park . Boats and caravans are cold in winter FACT , Touring caravans are designed for the leisure market and boats are in freezing cold water . The fixtures and fittings , water pumps ,appliances etc etc are also designed for recreational use , the life span of these items is dramatically reduced with constant use . BUT if you can overcome these problems and find a care-of address you can use you can make it work . Another think to consider is you,ll be off the electorial register ,your credit rating dissapears over nite which effects your banking , mobile fone contracts etc etc ,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2012 23:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email