MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Humber Bridge Toll Free for Bikes (1st April 2012

Humber Bridge Toll Free for Bikes (1st April 2012 - Forums [Biker Match] Humber Bridge Toll Free for Bikes (1st April 2012 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Humber Bridge Toll Free for Bikes (1st April 2012

The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) has managed to get the toll removed, for bikes, from the Humber Bridge. From April 1 2012 motorcycles will be able to cross the bridge free, instead of the normal £1.30. This is great news, and follows years of hard work, meetings with the Humber Bridge Board, and a slow pay demonstration ride. In a statement, MAG spokesman Peter Walker said: "Our main objection to the toll was that whilst charging motorcycles the bridge is not promoting a more economical mode of transport. "We would like to thank the Humber Bridge Board for this forward thinking approach and all those that have supported us in the campaign over many years." To celebrate, East Yorkshire MAG is organising a mass ride over the bridge at 00.01 on the April 1. See their website for details. Bikes already go free on the Severn Bridge, Dartford crossing and Tyne Tunnel.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/03/2012 00:23  

I've got a funny feeling that the ride over the bridge is a *hoax, there's no mention of it on the E Y MAG website. *notice the date it's supposed to take place

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/03/2012 00:37  

hope it is free Sandi, it will make a big difference to me we'v been trying to get the price removed for long enough

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/03/2012 07:41  

I've just had a look at the Humber Bridge website and it's genuine.
Mersey tunnels are also free for bikes, btw.

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/03/2012 08:48  

the toll removal for bikes is true - I think Sandi was referring to the mass ride on 01/04 being a bit of a fib

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 29/03/2012 08:54  

You beat me to it wills

Update Reply
Phil @ 29/03/2012 09:13  

I think Sandi was referring to the mass ride on 01/04 being a bit of a fib That is exactly what I meant Stella, does anyone know for certain if the ride over will take place?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/03/2012 15:59  

Thanks to YID for letting me know that this event is genuine. On the 1st of April the Humber Bridge will be free for motorcycles, with this in mind we have decided to have a "SYMBOLIC" crossing of the Bridge at 1 minute past midnight on Sunday the 1st of April. After years of campaigning we couldn't let this excellent achievement go by without some form of recognition. Now I know some of you will be thinking midnight? It's way past my bedtime but if you can stay awake that late and fancy joining us, we are meeting in the Waitrose carpark Willerby at 11.30PM. See you there! Contact details are on their website at: http://east-yorks.mag-uk.org

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/03/2012 05:16  

fell asleep and missed this so did any go

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 03/04/2012 01:08  

i didnt but there quite a few according to the news report..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-17577665

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2012 12:59  

Bill !!! You were asleep !!!!! Is that it for the year then ???!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 03/04/2012 21:15  

i surprised myself by missing it Alice LOL

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 04/04/2012 01:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email