MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Depressing things I learnt today!

Depressing things I learnt today! - Forums [Biker Match] Depressing things I learnt today! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Depressing things I learnt today!

China has Tiger farms with over 6,000 tigers kept in small cages where they are bred so that their bones can be used in tiger bone wine!

There are now concerns the Chinese intend to start Rhino farms too!

I was aware of Chinese medicine using Tiger, Rhino etc but not to this extent; apparently you can eat tiger in Chinese restaurants too!

The booming Chinese economy has lead to a massive increase in poaching and illegal sourcing of endangered species and the "farms" are often a front for the illegal trade!

Check out the Environmental Investigation Agency for more thoroughly depressing stuff!

Enjoy!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/03/2012 17:24  

im into all this already Squiddy adn it makes my blood boil too mate at the restaurant you can pick the live tiger you want to eat this is how much animals mean to them.... and when the kill the wild rhino for their horn they cut it off with a chainsaw after only drugging the animal i hate any form of animal cruelty, i am a member of a few organisations including one for cruelty to farmed animals that we eat!! yus you should see some fo the pens that pigs are made to spend their whole life and that is the cheap foreign pork on our supermarket shelves - so small the sow cant even turn around or move.... its all wrong, i dunno what's up wth some people treating another sentient being in this way it upsets me loads. We can do our bit by joining organisations that at least fight all the above... narrow minded, cold hearted that is what people who do that are... money is all that matters to them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2012 19:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email