MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Did you know..........?

Did you know..........? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Did you know..........? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Did you know..........?

Only problem with France...unless your prepared to go long or wide it tends to be in the way of lots of places I like to get to and the boat trip to spain is boring. Much rather just head down, arse up and get on with getting through France.

I agree with what's being said about the reliability of the breath testers though. I used to keep one in my bar for anyone who wanted to test and they were NEVER accurate....3 pints, 2 vodkas...only 2.4mg, perfect, I'm fine to drive....but officer, the tester said I was ok!!

And don't mention common sense as 9/10 times it doesn't apply!

Update Reply
RobboC @ 21/03/2012 18:45  

Thats a good point regarding reliabilty RobboC. If the French government enforces this rule, it is possible for someone to drink drive over the limit, after taking their own breatherliser test. Which was unknowingly an inaccurate reading. The outcome of the enforcement is potentialy lulling people into a false sense of security, thinking that they are within the limit. The oposite senario is, if breatherlisers were not carried, the person would not use one and would have to make their own judgement. More times than not (if the person is not too far gone of course) sense will override their doubts and they will not drive. personally I don't ride or drive with any alcohol level, so I will never have that problem.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 21/03/2012 19:36  

Its going to be interesting to see how other countries view this one too & if any of them take it on board

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/03/2012 19:48  

I think there's a lot of wide statements about France being made, I live here and see both sides. The Bretton People are generally a Easy going friendly bunch, You can't compare Parisians, it's like Calling London, Birmingham and Bradford typically English !!!
I see a lot of very Arrogant Brits who make no effort at all to ask for things in French and just SHOUT it louder in english, Duh !!
Good and Bad everywhere, But can't compare the roads here though, You can Ride a long way without seeing another vehicle, not any places left in the uk where you can do that..
I prefer the bike culture in the uk, Just need that Culture with the roads here and it would be grand . And,,,, Who has ever been stopped by a cop here ? I Can't remember the last time I saw one and I live here, They are just not about, I guess that must mean something ????
Let's not be small minded, everywhere has good And bad, has it not....
Ps tester kits pack of 3 in the supermarket, smaller than a pack of fags 12euros

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 11/04/2012 21:28  

disagree MickeyM theres still SOME places left in the uk where the roads are good and quiet and you dont get slammed with fixed penalties every time you step out the door..... the cops over here are generally helpful - you'd have to be a right numpty to get a ticket. (she says with 3 points for speeding! lol)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/04/2012 21:52  

Ps tester kits pack of 3 in the supermarket, smaller than a pack of fags 12euros We all know the reluctance of some men to ask for a pack of 3 LOL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/04/2012 22:38  

still seems crazy peeps have to provide their own !! ... next thing our coppers will be telling peeps have to carry their own handcuffs... save on budgets ... then again it might be easier to get out of em... good idea this.... will send it to cameron

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2012 13:51  

Bring on the cable ties!

Update Reply
RobboC @ 12/04/2012 15:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email