MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Operation and unavailability

Operation and unavailability - Forums [Biker Match] Operation and unavailability - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Operation and unavailability

I'd like to make everyone aware that next Tuesday I will be going into hospital for major surgery on my back (spinal fusion).

I will be using the next few days to get all my loose ends tied up.

After the op I will be in hospital for a few days and then after that bed-bound for a few weeks.

As I'll be unable to sit up, I'll be doing very minimal / critical work on BM - probably dictating emails to Joyce to write up for me.

Please can I ask everyone to keep this in mind and try to refrain from emailing and PMing me until further notice. Please only send me critical issues (bugs, payment issues etc).

The moderator team will be available to fix forum issues, profile problems, delete spammers etc.... please go to them first via the Contact link on the bottom of any BM page.

Thanks for your understanding.

Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/03/2012 21:20  

Good luck Matt ,

I am sure it will be ok , as you know its something I had done years ago, once you have gone through the recovery & so long as you dont rush it & allow yourself time to heal you will do just fine

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/03/2012 21:23  

Cheers, I really hope so!

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/03/2012 21:27  

Just DONT be impatient with your recovery & push things ... I know what you are like !!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/03/2012 21:44  

Will try to behave, just for you

Hope all goes well XX

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/03/2012 22:07  

Good luck Matt ... REMEMBER ... Take it easy!

We will try and have the site still standing (so to speak) for when youre well again

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 06/03/2012 23:01  

Get well soon, Pingu!! (Poor Joyce...) Joyce: "Matt, have you been using your dictaphone?" Matt: "No, I have been using my fingers as normal!!"

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/03/2012 00:01  

Scary stuff Matt but you'll be fine mate. Don't run before you can walk, and if you do as the docs tell you, you'll be fine in time for Kiss and Autumn Camp. Anyway, some of us might be a little jealous that you don't have to get out of bed.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 07/03/2012 01:43  

The best of luck to you.
here's to a speedy recovery.

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 07/03/2012 08:19  

Take it easy Boss Man and poor Joyce having to put up with you !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/03/2012 09:16  

Good luck Matt and heres to to a speedy recovery rate. x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/03/2012 10:13  

unfortunately 2012 hasn't been incredibly lucky so far and i've ended up knee-deep in it several times. Power supply failure, data/RAID corruptions etc... all required me to dig deep into the physical server and put my back through a lot of strain. If things go tits-up while i'm bed-bound though I don't know what I'm gonna do :-/

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/03/2012 12:02  

Eat grapes and recover lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/03/2012 12:19  

Good luck with it Matt, take it easy and recover fully before you do owt!! If the server goes tits up we'll all meet on BM's facebook page...simples

Update Reply
old red @ 07/03/2012 12:45  

All the best M8 with the OP, hope all goes well.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 07/03/2012 15:42  

Dont worry we will look after the site for you. would be best if you phone your solicitors now

Update Reply
JP @ 07/03/2012 16:27  

Matt, any excuse to have time off work, I dunno! Stop stressing about the site, it will still be here when you are fully recovered, which you won't be if you keep nattering. I'd say 'Take it easy' but that's pointless where you're concerned. I'm sending you a virtual hope it all goes well.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/03/2012 16:43  

lol you know me so well... 3 months of doing nothing is gonna kill me.

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/03/2012 19:31  

Just remember that if you ignore the three months of doing nothing it could turn into six months, so do what the nurses say and enjoy the bed baths. I do a good line in nurses uniforms if you want to buy one for Joyce.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 08/03/2012 00:07  

best wishes Matt hope it's not to painful for you, see you next time your over here

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/03/2012 01:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email