MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Dangerous roads for bikers

Dangerous roads for bikers - Forums [Biker Match] Dangerous roads for bikers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Dangerous roads for bikers

in view of VFRSue's recent experience, and because I got this useful info from MAG today, thought I'd share it. Anything that'll make the roads safer for bikers: When you find a section of road which could constitute a risk to riders ie slippy manhole covers, potholes etc log onto www.getagripuk.org to report the location. The Get a Grip team will compile all the reports received and will contact the relevant local authority with a view to instigating repairs or replacing. They say the data they build up will help to make a difference by identifying blackspot locations to reduce accidents and enable action to remedy problem areas quickly. They also campaign to get higher grip road surfaces and create a safer environment for riders Sounds good but it relies on us to make it work so get reporting folks!!!

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 06/03/2012 20:58  

ooohhh heres hoping things get done ... and that they have enough people on the get a grip team to handle all the reports

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/03/2012 21:04  

i dont know of any roads that are,nt potentialy dangerous!!!

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 07/03/2012 08:40  

Absoluteley have signed . i know of a manhole cover where i live that links the B331to four other local exits on the roundabout i know its there as i am a motorcyclist, but in the night or in bad weather conditions it may be unseen , so yeah none slip manhole covers is a must.......

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 07/03/2012 09:29  

LA,s wont do any unecessry road repairs because of cutbacks etc etc, might sound a bit -ve but thats how it is SB4

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 07/03/2012 11:59  

Moped slid on a wet manhole cover on the apex of a bend not a mile from here, he died young under a range rover.

I did report it to the local authority and was given lip service untill I asked for our communication to be noted as I intend on living here for a while and if theres any other accident there would be proof they knew then asked a senior traffic officer to contact them which he also did.

It got sorted pronto.

Take the gloves off when speaking to "authorities"

Update Reply
Laffo @ 07/03/2012 13:30  

Well Done

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 07/03/2012 13:50  

Not all local authority are the same or take the same line. I came off on a potholed road in stockton a while back and when I reported It they did the repair in one day.
Credit where its due....:..

We can't moan if we don't report stuff in the first place.

G.

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 07/03/2012 23:44  

obviously thats great, but councils are not famous for speedy responses or spending money BAH HUMBUG

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 08/03/2012 18:28  

Took Stockport 8 ,months to sort out where I broke my foot

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/03/2012 19:47  

That's b cos u created a rather large crater when yr arse hit the deck! But, to b fair, yr derriere is now looking rather fit Just needs the finishing touch...may I?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2012 20:18  

So speaks XK - the incorrigible, impenitent, unashamed, unblushing, brazen, hopeless, despaired of, bad lad!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2012 20:26  

Wot? But I'm a good boy (I know, 'cos my mummy told me)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2012 20:41  

What a brilliant idea , bikers with brains, and a biro. @ XK , I'm beginning to think you've' either got suicidal tendencies or a new pair of running shoes, Either way , I think Shell is gonner give you an ''arse attack'' lol Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/03/2012 17:16  

XK ... your gonna be trapped on an island with me for 4 days ... and remember , I may not have an ass like an elephant any more ... but I still have a memory like one !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/03/2012 18:23  

You didnt by any chance come off on a "trunk" road, did you Shell?

Update Reply
clarkee @ 10/03/2012 19:52  

And Clarkee ... I know where you live!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/03/2012 06:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email