MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Passed CBT

Passed CBT (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Passed CBT (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Passed CBT

Woohooo Well done Alex xx

Don't do what I did and just buy one off ebay although I love it to bits, it probably wasn't one of my better decisions

I'm not looking to do my test on it as it's heavy and awkward, but I do love my bike

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 28/02/2012 19:14  

Just for keeping it to yourself for so long you will be pushed in the cannel at the 1st oppertunaty lol but well done to you girl

Update Reply
JP @ 28/02/2012 19:21  

Congrats on passing RC I too started out on a CG 125 and loved it, then having passed moved upwards but then after a break of nealry 10 years I had my lovely little Yamaha SR 125 and I loved her, she gave me so much confidence and I could easily get both feet down and I never dropped her It all depnds on what feels right for you and what you feel both safe and comfortable on. What you dont want is to rush into buying something that you're not really happy with and then losing your confidence. As been said already go and sit on a few , have a ride and see what makes you smile .... bit like men eh???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2012 21:24  

Congratulations! Alex Could soon be the day when you pillion Aaron and not the other way around .... Another thumbs up for the CG125 cracking bike and great value Well done

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 28/02/2012 21:35  

Hazelnut - now there is something else I never thought of. Test-ride a man ....

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 29/02/2012 08:57  

Nice one RC......WTG

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 29/02/2012 17:50  

Thanx for all the congrats

Some great advice given, cheers, it all helps

Looking at getting a CG125 ... but still just looking, gonna try my butt on a few first

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 02/03/2012 08:01  

Hi rockchick,

First of all well done for passing the CBT, welcome to the world of bikes.
While the Honda is good, and as cheap as chips to own and run, there's another one you might want to consider, the Yamaha YBR125.

Personally I went for a Yamaha XT125X and took advantage of 0% finance and £99 deposit. I enjoy the handling, even if the power isn't there. One day when those annoying things called bills stop getting in the way, I'll get around to taking my full test. In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy the bike I've got.

The magazine called Used Bike Guide is no longer printed, it was withdrawn by Mortons last year, I think August was the last one.
What Mortons have done is incorporate UBG into their monthly paper called Motor Cycle Monthly.
You can get free copies from some bike shops/dealers, or for £7.99 a year you can have it delivered, or you can read it online at this site:

http://www.motorcyclemonthly.co.uk/

Good luck with your search for a bike, and happy riding.

Cheers

James

Update Reply
james-newbiker @ 02/03/2012 23:15  

Hey Alex, well done! I'd echo the comments here about CG125; Can you believe I also had one as my first bike. They really have been making them that long...

My brother had the slightly more stylish (back then) Honda CB100 and it was a pig to control at slow speeds by comparison. Hence, looks aren't everything. Find what suits you, esp for manoeuvring at slow speeds, and then you won't drop it (as much).

And these days, don't forget you'll prob have to live with it for some time beyond your (undoubted) test success, unlike us oldies that immediately swapped for the biggest thing we could find/afford...

Update Reply
desres @ 03/03/2012 13:59  

If you are going for an A2 restricted licence, most modern 250cc machines comply, but check the spec 1st. Limited to 33 HP / 25 KW with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.16 KW/Kg. There are a few 400 imports around but hard to find. Alternatively any bike can be restricted to the 33 HP but must be certified for insurance and police.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/03/2012 15:36  

The magazine called Used Bike Guide is no longer printed, it was withdrawn by Mortons last year, I think August was the last one.What Mortons have done is incorporate UBG into their monthly paper called Motor Cycle Monthly.You can get free copies from some bike shops/dealers, or for £7.99 a year you can have it delivered, or you can read it online at this site:http://www.motorcyclemonthly.co.uk/ James, thanks for the info, it's been a while since I bought a UBG, I've just looked at the date on the last one I bought...June 2006. I didn't realise it was so long ago.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/03/2012 17:58  

Hi rockchick well done, if you want to get a CG125 then I no of 1, mint condition, 57 plate, 1600 miles and asking £1300. but its in north wales. I did my CBT on 1 but couldnt find one at the time so i've got CBF 125 and I love her, and yes its replaced the cg good luck hun

Update Reply
newbikerchick @ 06/03/2012 22:39  

well done Alex , hope ya well

Update Reply
carrie203 @ 06/03/2012 22:46  

Thanx for advice everyone and congrats :)

Carrie Im LOADS better thanx ... 12 months but DEF on the mend now :) Hey, I may even make it your way again soon :D Been away from everyone for tooooo long! Hope alls well with you and the big man :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 06/03/2012 22:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email