MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Learner/Novice Ride out - May 2012

Learner/Novice Ride out - May 2012 - Forums [Biker Match] Learner/Novice Ride out - May 2012 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Learner/Novice Ride out - May 2012

As the people who went on last years ride enjoyed it and asked about another, (and also for those who missed it). Who is up for another learner ride out ? Similar sort of route and B&B in Bridlington on the Saturday night. For those a bit further away who couldn't go last time round, I was thinking of arranging ride throughs with possible camping/crashing/ B&B in Huddersfield area on the Friday night (and also to check out any live bands that are usually on Friday nights at The Bridge Inn) This event is really aimed at those on learner bikes, or those who have recently passed their test and are looking for a bit of experience but can feel intimidated by bigger bikes and more experienced riders. No date set yet, but was thinking around end of April, but mainly looking at one weekend in May ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2012 13:07  

Remember that the *Bridge pub is a pokey place and probably wouldn't hold a load of folk, especially when there's a band on too. *formerly The Dot Commer Bar Doesn't the **Lockwood have live rock bands on anymore? **LockwoodWoodhead RoadHuddersfieldWest YorkshireHD4 6ER and if you want a cafe that serves good food, well it did a few years ago, there's the Scar Cafe next door to the Lockwood http://www.scarcafe.co.uk/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/02/2012 13:18  

not sure about the Lockwood but can also check out there, but havent seen if they have had bands on for a while -
But not expecting so many people that it could fill the Bridge though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2012 13:31  

if not sold bike by then ill be up for it as loved last one I went o,hoping to get sports bike then cruiser ive got swop if ought good comes a long lol

sal :O)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2012 21:25  

sold bike or not Sal - hope you would still be along for it one way or another

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2012 21:34  

And no breaking chain/heart attack moments please Sal

and I'll try not to have a total nervous breakdown again

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 23/02/2012 22:35  

possible dates: (and main clashes perhaps) (20th) 21st - 22nd April (clashes with MCN Live Skegness) (27th) 28th - 29th April (clashes with German Fling) (5th - 6th May I won't be able to do as am at Brooklands) (11th) 12th - 13th May (clashes with Donington WSB round) (18th) 19th - 20th May (clashes with BMF show) (25th) 26th - 27th May (clashes with IOM TT / BSB Snetterton / No Bull Rally)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2012 00:43  

set date as 11 - 13 May for event.
Will post details of B&Bs up and will check if we can get a group discount like last time. If there are alot of people interested but are riding larger bikes then maybe we can set up two groups and meet up in Bridlington in the evening ? Will need 2 or 3 big bikes to accompany the smaller bikes, but will keep the number of those bigger bikes low otherwise it kinda defeats the object. Route to Bridlington is quite varied, but nothing really that will catch you out - some twisty A roads, Dual Carriageway (A64 near York) and good scenery - everyone who went last time enjoyed the run out (and back in again). Some people missed out last time due to being a bit far from Huddersfield - But if you want to go this time - we can arrange a ride in on the Friday and sort something out for you on the Friday night (crashing at friends houses or camping B&B etc) and the same again - if needed on the Sunday night back home (or Monday if you are knackered on the Sunday night)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2012 13:17  

This event is now on the calendar, thanks Exup http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3114

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/03/2012 20:26  

Shoulda made it Whitby great roads and better for staying over for few jars after

Update Reply
madscots @ 28/03/2012 22:08  

cheers Sandi Could have made it Whitby, but there are quite a few roads around North Yorks that are infamous for catching people out and them having accidents - one of the reasons we chose Bridlington is its a good ride there and back, with decent scenery, a good mix of dual carriageway and A roads to help with speed confidence, bit of twistys. (And as people will attest to who went last year - good for staying over and having beers too)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2012 23:41  

Added myself to the event! Should be good!

Update Reply
lisaj @ 02/04/2012 20:14  

Theres a few people going on this now - but via facebook events rather than BM event signup, so if you are thinking about it then feel free to ask for info on this thread or drop me a pm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2012 13:30  

Added myself on FB too

Update Reply
lisaj @ 22/04/2012 00:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email