MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Meet Mingle (not a code lol) Edinburgh Bike Show Sat 10/3/12

Meet  Mingle (not a code lol) Edinburgh Bike Show Sat 10/3/12 - Forums [Biker Match] Meet  Mingle (not a code lol) Edinburgh Bike Show Sat 10/3/12 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Meet Mingle (not a code lol) Edinburgh Bike Show Sat 10/3/12

Meet & Mingle Thought it might be a good idea to set a time and place for any BMers to meet up, there are folk coming from all over, seems a shame not to say hello. Does the wee bar in the first hall, bottom left hand corner about 1pm suit? Any other suggestion welcome. Stick your name down if you think you'll manage to drop by to say hello BOBKAT

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/02/2012 11:43  

sounds like a cunning plan :)

Update Reply
dabe @ 19/02/2012 12:45  

bike show meet & mingle first hall wee bar at 1 pm BOBKAT DABE PANEUROJIM

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 19/02/2012 18:25  

BK and Jim you heading back with me after the show or will I get you laters ?

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/02/2012 18:58  

Madscot, I forgot about the night out - will get back to you asap

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/02/2012 20:33  

Think there is 5 of us

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/02/2012 21:01  

Thought I'd bump this thread to make sure anyone going to the show know's we are going to meet up - I'll stick my hat on so you know me lol. Hope to see as many people from BM as possible - will be a good day. Any other suggestions for a meet up point within the show please feel free to put them on. All the best

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 01/03/2012 02:44  

Looks like I will be going Saturday now. Not sure if I am riding there yet. If I am wearing a t-shirt, I will be the one with feathers hanging off my arm... if not, I will be the one in black. See you there!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/03/2012 18:53  

Hmm... scrap that... might not be going now. Looks like no supermoto or wall of death. Show has had less and less over the years and I am finding it hard to justify going at the moment.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/03/2012 12:42  

I know exactly what you mean TeeCee, but you do get the occasional bargin, helmet wise - if you do go it will be good to see you Anyone else going that fancies catching up for wee blether?

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 05/03/2012 23:56  

For folk going on Saturday, there is a few of us meeting at 1pm at the wee bar in the left hand corner of the first hall - just to say hi. It would be good to catch up with folk locally

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 08/03/2012 10:17  

aw cant make it might be there Sunday if anyone else goin :)

Update Reply
dabe @ 08/03/2012 17:35  

For peeps in Scotland who may be putting their bikes on the road for the first time and heading to the show: "Tayside Police along with all other Scottish Police Forces are supporting the ACPOS National Campaign focusing on Motorcycle Awareness from 7am on Friday, March 9 until 7 am on Monday, March 12 To reinforce the message officers will be patrolling our roads and carrying out road checks for the duration of the campaign which runs from 7am on Friday, March 9 until 7am on Monday, 12 March. They will be talking to road users, with a particular emphasis on the dangers faced by more vulnerable road users, in particular motorcyclists....The opportunity will also be taken to ensure that safety is not being jeopordised by vehicles failing to comply with the legislation primarily dealing with ongoing maintenance and roadworthiness, i.e. the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986. Officers will also be actively dealing with any incidents of inappropriate use of vehicles, making full use of the powers given under Anti-Social Behaviour (Scotland) Act 2004 to warn drivers and seize vehicles when appropriate." More here: http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=9830

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/03/2012 11:34  

Looks like there is also going to be some significant roadworks on the Forth Road Bridge between 03:00 and 12:00 on Saturday and Sunday. "We know from experience that queues of over 90 minutes are likely to build up after 9 am, particularly on Saturday." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-scotland-edinburgh-...e-17306221

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/03/2012 11:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email