MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

British Superbikes

British Superbikes - Forums [Biker Match] British Superbikes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

British Superbikes

British Superbikes <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> The Bennetts BSB 2007 championship is now at the half season point and things are heating up. The Spanish ace, Greg Lavilla, who looked to be right on top of his game and unbeatable in the early part of the season, is now beginning to struggle. Japanese star and last years title winner Ryuichi Kiyonari is experiencing better form than Greg and is the current leader of this years standings. But it’s the young lad from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Ireland</st1:country-region></st1:place>, Jonathan Rea who has bonded with his HM Plant Honda Fireblade and has taken the last 3 race wins in a row. Scoring the double win at a rain troubled round at Knockhill in Scotland, Rea now sits in second place for the championship, a mere 11 points behind team mate Kiyonari. British rider Leon Haslam is having a fair season and now sits comfortably in 4th place overall. The leaders are still within his reach but it won’t be easy for him to make up many places in the championship. <o:p> </o:p> The next round of BSB is at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Oulton</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Park</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> on the 15th of July. <o:p> </o:p> Championship Standings:- <o:p> </o:p> R. Kiyonari - 248 points (HM Plant Honda) J. Rea - 237 (HM Plant Honda) G. Lavilla - 220 (Airwaves Ducati) L. Haslam - 205 (Airwaves Ducati) S. Byrne - 151 (Stobart Vent Axia Honda)

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2007 14:42  

"Rain troubled Knockhill" !!!!!!! That's very diplomatic of you. Try hurricane hit. It sleated, flooded the track, sank cars in fields, cancelled the superstocks etc. Even had standing water and flooding at Cramond Brig on the way back. Was well worth the money to see who had the biggest balls going into the harpin though Ride of the day; Haslam chjasing down Kiyonari in race 2.

Update Reply
Ducst4 @ 10/07/2007 22:55  

Anybody going to Thruxton that may like to meet up???

Update Reply
Scary @ 04/04/2008 05:20  

Hi Scary I'm thinking about thruxton, are you definately going?

Update Reply
Krunchielou @ 12/04/2008 14:01  

Hi Krunchielou, I'm afraid all my plans for this year have had to be cancelled due to my mum being ill, but if a small miracle happens I will let you know of any future events.

Update Reply
Scary @ 12/04/2008 14:05  

Lets hope the weather does not cancel this race...

Update Reply
skins @ 15/04/2008 07:28  

Hope not cuz me and my fella are going and very much looking forward to it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2008 09:52  

I got sun burn and heat stroke at Thruxton this time last year, but alas I'm not going so it will probably rain!!!

Update Reply
Scary @ 15/04/2008 10:49  

Wish had gone now as the weather looked fab and some good racing as well... oh bugger....

Update Reply
skins @ 21/04/2008 07:30  

Cadwell 2009, anyone in or south of the midlands going this year? If so; any interest of organising a meeting point and riding up together.

Update Reply
mykul55 @ 23/08/2009 10:44  

any body going to silverstone this weekend. weather doesn't look to bad

Update Reply
bandit46 @ 23/09/2009 21:30  

Bandit you get me a ticket i'll go lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/09/2009 22:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email