MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

NEW Harley 72 and Softail Slim (2012)

NEW Harley 72 and Softail Slim (2012) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW Harley 72 and Softail Slim (2012) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

NEW Harley 72 and Softail Slim (2012)

Harley-Davidson’s brand new 72 and Softail Slim are two major new model releases for 2012. The XL1200V Seventy Two is based on the 1200 Sportster and inspired by the metalflake and ape-hangered customs of the early 1970s – hence the name. Key features are its small peanut tank, high, pull back bars, big 21 inch wire front wheel, skinny whitewall tyres and rich metalflake paint. Prices start at £8695 OTR. While the FLS Softail Slim is another variation on the ‘bobber’ trend in being essentially a fat-tyred Softail (the hidden rear shock range) but pared down to the bone – or ‘stripped’ as in the custom parlance. As such it’s got black-rimmed, 16-in wire wheels, chopped mudguards, a single seat and forward, cross-braced ‘Hollywood’ handlebars. It’ll cost from £14,695 OTR. Both bikes were unveiled at UK dealers on February 10. Has anyone test ridden them and or bought one?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2012 22:47  

I was up at West Coast Harley Davidson in Glasgow yesterday to pick up blingy bits for MacBeastie and the new 72 sportser and slim softail were on display. Both bonnie bike, however, I really liked the look of the larger diameter of the front wheel. I wonder how that would effect the handle of the bike though? The 48 released last year had a thicker front wheel/tyre. Any thoughts? - don't mind the Harley jokes, always interested to see if there are any new ones on the go

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/02/2012 12:16  

i poped over to amsterdam and nipped in to there hog show room , managed to get a picture of me in the rembrant picture , a rally patch and a free pen , oo and they dont have to wear hi-vis or helmits ...............

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 19/02/2012 20:45  

Well done Mic, that's quite an achievement to ANYTHING for free from a Harley dealership you must have spun them a good yarn about wanting to buy one you scamp What do you think about the effect of a bigger front wheel Mic? xx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/02/2012 17:19  

is the larger front wheel to improve straight line ploughing? I heard them contests were getting serious nowadays

Update Reply
xj @ 20/02/2012 18:21  

It may be contentious but is rather spend the cash on one of the new victory bikes. Saw them in Newcastle last weekend, gorgeous.!

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 21/02/2012 21:48  

victory been arond ages now...but are soo lush.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 21/02/2012 23:40  

I thought I liked Victory's*...... researched them a bit.... sat on a few... turns out I don't. (edit: *actually only the Hammer S)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 22/02/2012 12:14  

2 topics merged

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/02/2012 12:42  

ay up bobkat the only comment i can make in answer to your question about a bigger front wheel is that is what they did with the sportster 883 superlow which i have.... they did it to vastly improve slow manoevers and they have done it on the new custom 1200 sportster too as my mate has just bought one as her last one was wrote off by a in a car.... im only guessing its for the same handling reasons? anyhow i would guess its the same with this new bike - my bike is really stable at very slow speeds and manoevers tho i dunno what it was like before the bigger front wheel so im guessing maybe that is why they have done it? x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2012 15:17  

I'm no expert on bikes 'n' shiz but I think the larger wheel is to make it easier to clean the spokes....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/03/2012 18:47  

I thought they've just put it on the 72 to make it look pretty and a girls bike

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 04/03/2012 19:56  

My goodness agricultural machinery has advanced a lot in the last 10 years hav,nt they... they,ll be puttin horns n satnavs on em next..

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 05/03/2012 09:06  

they dont go fast enough to need horns...... remember

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2012 19:12  

o yeah sorry forgot

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 11/03/2012 21:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email