MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Hiding Profiles

Hiding Profiles - Forums [Biker Match] Hiding Profiles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Hiding Profiles

I clicked on a profile earlier and got the message "you are not allowed to view this profile"... Now that just makes me think that it's someone i know who doesn't want to be found on BM. So, how does that work and how can i stop certain people viewing my profile..? Thanks in advance for any info

Update Reply
BellaBlueBum @ 10/02/2012 10:45  

It's either because they have disabled their profile, or because it is under investigation by the moderator team, or they have blocked you, or because it has been deleted. If you don't want certain people to see your profile, then block them.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/02/2012 12:13  

Thanks for that Fraglette, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

I was hoping someone would advise me how to go about blocking certain people from viewing my profile...

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated....

Update Reply
BellaBlueBum @ 10/02/2012 17:14  

Aaaaaaaaaaaah i figured it out now! Go me

Update Reply
BellaBlueBum @ 10/02/2012 17:20  

BBB if you have any problems just contact one of the mods there all to be found at the bottom of all pages under bikermatch staff

Update Reply
JP @ 10/02/2012 17:55  

Always Prod A Mod if you want to know anything Bella or click on Notify Mod if it's important.... but you can slap JP anytime ya feel like it....

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/02/2012 20:47  

Err thanks love you too

Update Reply
JP @ 10/02/2012 21:02  

why contact a mod, when a mod has replied on the thread?
Check your staffing list, I am one of the longest standing moderators on this site.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/02/2012 21:16  

Was just giving general advice for any newbies reading this thread who don't know that you are a mod Fraglette, not everyone looks at who bikermatch staff are and it doesn't say MODERATOR on your info at the side of your reply.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/02/2012 22:58  

As JP says if you are not suere about something then that is part of why the site staff can be contacted at the foot of the page as many newbies as WELL as not so new have no idea who the site staff are UNLESS they trawl through the staff link

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 10/02/2012 23:07  

Thanks guys, much appreciated..!! Still found out all by myself, but at least i know who to ask in future ;) xo

Update Reply
BellaBlueBum @ 11/02/2012 00:25  

Also, if you're ever unsure then check the Help page first.

If that doesn't help, best bet really is to start a forum topic in fact and let any other member help.

The moderators aren't there for general "help me" questions, they have a busy job cleaning the website and keeping it free from spammers.

And of course take a look around the site, you will usually find what you're looking for in the same time it takes to write a forum topic.

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it.

Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2012 18:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email