MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Vfr 750

Vfr 750 - Forums [Biker Match] Vfr 750 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Vfr 750

Being new to biking I`ve just got a VFR750FV cheap as chips from fleabay which rides really well but to be honest it`s getting ready for two new tyres and could really do with a new exhaust. I`ve sourced the parts that I need but, being new, wondered where the best place to get them fitted might be. I live in Chesterfield. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Dave

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2012 16:20  

Which bit of the exhaust do you need to change ?? If its just the end can, you're ok maybe the collector box too -- if you need to change the rear headers, either you have to strip down the rear of the bike (suspension , swing arm etc) or take the engine out -- impossible to get to them otherwise - big job ! ( I had an FK for years, same story) Great bike though :-) Tyres ? not a clue mate - I'm in Bury !

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 07/02/2012 12:34  

Cheers for that Chris, I`m changing the whole exhaust cos its the original and really needs a stainless one. I`ve got the Haynes manual and could probably do it myself, but I`d rather pay someone to do it right. again cheers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/02/2012 17:56  

hya mate there is a place behind cmc claycross on a industrial estate.. that does bike tyres but cant remember the name all i no is it starts with a B am sure if you dig around youll root them out... hope this is helpful

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 19/03/2012 18:26  

I think this is the place spaceboy4 means it not only sell tyres but may also be able to fit your exhaust.

http://www.burnoutsuperbikes.co.uk

Update Reply
PaulXXX @ 19/03/2012 21:57  

Spaceboy and Paul. Thanks for that. I know CMC well, its where I did my training and only about 8 miles from me. I`ll have a mooch over and see them. Thanks again guys.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2012 18:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email