MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

does anyone know.....

does anyone know..... - Forums [Biker Match] does anyone know..... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

does anyone know.....

does anyone know whether you can tell the difference between a zx7r and a zx7rr engine just from the engine numbers....contacted kawasaki but they say they dont keep records of engine numbers just frame numbers. the reason i ask i have a 2002 zx7r bought off ebay for peanuts to replace my 1998 7r. swapped all the good bits off my old one but when i had the fairings off noticed the engine isnt the original (probably) it has the mileage written on the top - figure its a replacement for the original. its way faster than my 98 model which had had quite a lot of engine work done incl stage 2 dynojet kit. the new one has a close ratio gearbox but it doesnt run the flatside carbs id expect with a 7rr....but been told by a racer that it would run fine with the 39's. also got a slight over fuelling problem - spitting flames out! looks impressive but dont really need jet propulsion. anyone any thoughts?

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/01/2012 22:59  

I'll ask my mate - he's been a kawasaki mechanic for 30 years. Bought my first bikes off them in the old days. Not till tomorrow though - don't want to wake him up.

Hope everything's going well.

Netty x

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 28/01/2012 23:10  

well i have the answer finally.....the baby just come back from having the fuelling sorted......it does have a 7RR engine and box but standard ninja carbs! had a few runs on the dyno to set it up - its kicking out 130bhp at the rear wheel. I wonder if the muppet i bought it off had any idea? now all i have to do is break it gently to the insurance company!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/03/2012 13:43  

Go Kwakgirl!

I'll be a dot way behind you, lol

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 15/03/2012 13:52  

LMAO kwak, good luck with the insurance co hon

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/03/2012 14:28  

well insurance were pi$$ed off and cancelled the policy with effect in 7 days - apparently they are now trying to say is a modification! and they wonder why people dont tell them everything! thankfully Adelaide have come to the rescue with fully comp classing the bike as a zx7rr (after a chat with the underwriters) for 160 quid! so as someone else said to me earlier....im still like a pig in muck!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/03/2012 17:57  

Nice one,

Glad you got it all sorted, sorry to hear that one was a swine with you but your right ... its no wonder they dont get told everything

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/03/2012 18:36  

Result all round - Happy days!!

Update Reply
RobboC @ 16/03/2012 14:04  

Result!

So will it have some go faster stripes as well? mmmmm. Don't tell the insurance if you do, it will be another mod! LOL.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 16/03/2012 15:08  

No not go faster stripes! lol its got a 2003 fuchs wsb graphics kit on it. looks a bit better than plain green :)
Some cheeky fecker on fb offered to swap me for his 06 blade! lmao as if!!!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/03/2012 17:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email